What's new

What is the food like at LWV and Camelot?

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Hey everyone,

Am taking a trip to Lighwater Valley and Camelot Theme Park next weekend, and am on an insanely tight budget.

What are the food services like at both parks? Are they good value/cheap for what they are?

Thanks alot! :)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I have been LWV and if I remember correctly, they have a quite large foot court (a large marque-type building) which has a good selection of different foods to choose from. I think there are standard chips/burger ones, some Mexican or other food sort one and another I can't remember. The food itself was of good quality, great value and quite filling. The only problem I had was the queue times, even if the queue is small, can be quick piss taking.

I haven't been Camelot so cannot comment on food quality :p

Emmett

Giga Poster
Camelots food was pretty bad from what I can recall. Even before I went I remember hearing stories. I got chips, sausage and some awful gravy thing when I went and it was disgusting. The chips tasted of cardboard. I'd recommend bringing a packed lunch along for Camelot anyway.

peep

CF Legend
Yeah I'd suggest you take a packed lunch for both parks. They are quite expensive for what you get and the food isn't great.

Jake

Strata Poster
If you're going to even set foot in an eatery at Camelot, make sure you have the relevant jabs...

Lightwater isn't quite so bad, but I remember it being overpriced...

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Jake said:
If you're going to even set foot in an eatery at Camelot, make sure you have the relevant jabs...

Haha is it really that bad!

Thanks for the heads up everyone.

Guess a packed lunch it is then! :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd echo the packed lunch advice.

LWV has a marquee in the middle of the park that does pizzas, sandwiches, pasta, jacket potatoes, etc. They are pretty expensive but not too bad quality.

Can't remember much from Camelot, apart from chips and gravy, which is disgusting.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Camelot was awful - I went to the wimpy, the burger was lukewarm, in a stale brown bun, with some orange goo which I think may have been "cheese"

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Typical burger meal at LWV is £5.99.

Alternatively, try Jo's Coffee Shop in the entrance. We went there in April and were pleasantly surprised. A full English breakfast costs £4.75, or you can go large for an extra £1. There were bacon and sausage baps, chips and the like on offer too.

The thing that swung it for us was the dessert tray - oh my giddy Aunt!

EDIT: I've just realised this post is probably a little late. Oh well! :lol: