What's new

Wenzhou/Taizhou PTR - Part 1: Wenzhou Paradise

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Here’s a weekend trip I did back in August. I got off work around lunchtime on the Friday which worked well for a direct Hong Kong – Wenzhou flight. I also had the Monday off, so was originally planning to take the full day doing stuff and get a flight back to Shenzhen (loads more flight options), but instead decided to squeeze stuff into a shorter time frame and get the only direct Hong Kong flight back earlier in the day.

Anyway, once I landed, I just headed to a hotel near the first stop of the trip and took a short taxi ride the next morning, getting there for opening.

Wenzhou Zoo

The zoo seemed pretty big, but since I was rushing, I just got the cred and left without having a proper look around. It turns out I would’ve had a bit of time, but I didn’t want to risk it. Just the one kiddy coaster.

eXmkEk9h.jpg

BkpD1jVh.jpg

axVIF7ih.jpg

asgG8Osh.jpg

bXW7v2Gh.jpg

zmz04ajh.jpg

pMTo9fCh.jpg

R9qjCKIh.jpg

From there it was a taxi to the only proper park in the city. It’s labelled as Wenzhou Paradise on RCDB, but on maps and stuff it’s just Wenzhou Amusement Park.

Wenzhou Paradise

Because the zoo had opened about an hour before this place, I made it there for just after opening. The plan was to just hit the coasters quickly and then head to the train station to get to the next city, but I ended up having to hang around a bit, but it was all fine.

N4tc4rph.jpg

nZUlYBGh.jpg

qssIdzch.jpg

KW6BYInh.jpg

cx9HW2rh.jpg

First up, I hit the Jinma inverting spinner, figuring a low capacity. They were running it pretty well though, with multiple cars and even getting some of them out onto the track at the same time. These are decent. The last one I’d done of these was hitting the MCBRs pretty hard, but that wasn’t a problem with this one. If any smaller Western parks were to venture into Jinma territory, one of these things would be a decent start.

HAIdbd8h.jpg

ayRh8jeh.jpg

zl9fBRGh.jpg

Yv1m9WEh.jpg

u4Wmn3Uh.jpg

The skyloop and boomerang looked worryingly quiet, but I hit up another Jinma coaster – just a kiddie thing – on the way over.

ak9a1dyh.jpg

xLM5Oyoh.jpg

bi7fy3qh.jpg

The skyloop – an awful Beijing Shibaolai thing – was annoyingly opening a bit later. I’d been hoping to f**k off out of the place before then, but decided to stick it out, quickly grabbing the first train of the day and heading straight out after that. Horrible things.

zeTil7mh.jpg

Rgyl6w9h.jpg

There was no such “luck” with the boomerang though. This was annoying since it’s the only one built by Nanfang, who usually only do flat rides. The only other coaster of theirs that I’ve seen was also closed, seemingly permanently, so I guess they’re not doing a great job with them.

HWVUf0Mh.jpg

C6nvvyNh.jpg

vZRmIVxh.jpg

l5waDO2h.jpg

lZY1r4eh.jpg

I’ll just chuck in a bunch of other pictures. The Ferris wheel was, annoyingly, not opening until 12 and I didn’t want to hang around that late. I’m pretty sure the water ride wasn’t a secret cred, but I didn’t ride it to find out. I went through a walkthrough aviary which looked nice enough but was decidedly empty bar a few peacocks. There was some ice house thing which was also closed.

hweRqich.jpg

DBqjjbwh.jpg

ZUyyRtyh.jpg

R2fZYTNh.jpg

ANpOav4h.jpg

juDJifrh.jpg

xuNsZgsh.jpg

9AdYgfah.jpg

k9s7TjFh.jpg

BVrAfJ6h.jpg

zKmxt6jh.jpg

ow6yrzvh.jpg

FhtAlDth.jpg

sPdvLKih.jpg

GCA9mIlh.jpg

QPUdSRlh.jpg

jq3LJslh.jpg

m9BbLE6h.jpg

bOfGTy1h.jpg

qdl2OJoh.jpg

I’m guessing this is for some kind of evening show; it was mildly disturbing.

nAU8Fldh.jpg

nOUcwvoh.jpg

The horror walkthrough was an upcharge, so I didn’t bother. It’s not like it was expensive, but upcharge attractions annoy me, so I won’t do them on principal. I did go inside the Temu Vogel Rok building however, which housed the absolute crappest simulator I’ve ever been on.

tKbBwZph.jpg

vOiHnBZh.jpg

mXsNsvph.jpg

A8lv4dkh.jpg

47Q5GVjh.jpg

uDu159th.jpg

By the time I’d faffed around a bit, the skyloop was about to open, so that was had and then I got a Didi to the train station, booking the train ticket on the way. They were running every 15 minutes or so, so while I’d have liked to get out a bit earlier, there wasn’t a particular train I was rushing for at least.

I’ll end this bit with the single most amazing piece of park theming I’ve ever seen.

Cc7pLezh.jpg

wBDEEs7h.jpg

Cy70sDkh.jpg

4ei0hH1h.jpg

PSVIRnNh.jpg