What's new

Vekoma Builds Big Air Coaster in Taiwan

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hey all
This kind of appeared from nowhere. I heard a park in Taiwan called EDA world was building a custom Vekoma Family coaster so i decided to look it up.

After a bit of googling i found they have constructed Vekomas Big Air Coaster Already

f_3456835_1.jpg

Park Site: http://www.edaworld.com.tw/content_eda_ ... php?lan=en

More Pics: http://album.udn.com/ajoescola/photo/34 ... y#photoanc

For those of you who don't know. Vekoma's Big Air coaster is very much like an Intamin halfpipe on steroids.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I remember hearing that due to the amount problems with Odyssey they didn't want to go ahead with it incase it happened again.

There was one built at the Vekoma factory in Holland but I didn't think anyone would ever take one. I can't wait to see this one running and at 197 feet its going to be one intimidating ride.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Wow. This will actually be one of the tallest rides in Asia. That is, (hopefully) until they get things sorted out in Dubai.

Looks like a great addition to the park, though. I imagine it will draw quite a few customers, it's after all the tallest ride on Taiwan. And with its 60 metres, it should be visible from miles around.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
I was wondering how long it was going to take for a park to get one of those!

Isn't Disneyland Paris's Walt Disney Studios supposed to be getting one of these in the near future?

Looks very Vekoma-ish, so I'm happy. I hope it works.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Same, the concept has been around for a while, and shown potential. There are loads of small rides like this, either classed as coasters or flats depending on who makes them and where, so it was only a matter of time before a big one was made.

Is this Vekoma's tallest coaster at 200 foot then?

Rush

Giga Poster
Eww... it's gross.

I suppose it's something different but it doesn't look like something which I can see appearing all over the place. Looks like it'll be quite a fun ride... providing it doesn't spin too much.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter