What's new

Valhalla at Blackpool Pleasure Beach to be refurbished for 2023

Trax

Hyper Poster
I haven’t been on the new Valhalla either, but from what I’ve heard - and please correct me if I am mistaking, Valhalla might only run for a few (advertised) hours per day, but with all of its effect working. They removed the ice room (which was the „coolest“ part for me, no pun intended, but the rest of the effects appears to be maintained and working from my point of view.

Matt N

CF Legend
I haven’t been on the new Valhalla either, but from what I’ve heard - and please correct me if I am mistaking, Valhalla might only run for a few (advertised) hours per day, but with all of its effect working. They removed the ice room (which was the „coolest“ part for me, no pun intended, but the rest of the effects appears to be maintained and working from my point of view.
I’ve repeatedly heard that it’s still pretty unreliable effects-wise, and Scott’s video would seem to corroborate that. However, I could be wrong.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
Its still far too wet, the boats don't drain right, the effects are unreliable and I'm not impressed.

If I wasn't an enthusiast, who was aware of all the refurbishment to the trough and operating system, I'd be wondering what exactly they'd spent all that time and money on.

Of all the major rides at BPB this is by far the one I ride least, most visits we don't bother with it and that won't be changing going forward. If we were to turn up next season and find a collection of tables set on AstroTurf, with an outdoor bar and a nice view of the Nationals first drop it would be a considerable improvement.