What's new

USA - The South

SimonProD

Mega Poster
First park: Lagoon

Fun park, running the coasters as it should be with all available trains on the track. Best ops IMO in the USA second only to Disney.

Sadly some flats were down or in pieces: Enterprise, Top Scan, Waveswinger, the Top Spin thingy. Saying because of "late parts". Wonder if Trump wins and goes head to head with EU they have tons of German and EU rides (;

Primordial was more down than running. Rode it once. Didnt they ask Canada's Wonderland on how reliable this kind of coaster is?

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Six Flags Fiesta Texas

"It's heat upon heat upon heat - The heat can kill in this place" Dune

What a day at around 100°F. But quite a nice park for a Six Flags. Not only did they run more than 2 trains with low crowds - they also repaired broken down coasters.

Missed however Golden Lasso and Pandemonium - down for the day. Did each coaster once and Iron Rattler 4 times.

I had planned with my season pass to do this park a second day - but with the heat I think I'll pass. Still have to sweat around Sea World and SFoT...

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Sea World San Antonio

The day were the temps hit 109°F.

It was hot. Nice park with a small but good coaster selection.

Fav coasters:

1. Jorney To Atlantis - at this weather surely No.1
2. Texas Stringray
3. Great White

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Six Flags Over Texas

Today was a very unique day: At a Six Flags park they had all - I repeat - ALL coasters running. So got each at least once with New Texas Giant 2x and Shockwave 4x.

Best coasters:

1. New Texas Giant
2. Titan
3. Shockwave
4. Mr. Freeze
5. Batmam

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Just now realizing that Judge Roy Scream is part of the park - saw it from the observation tower but looked like something seperate or defunct from the park 🤣 🤷‍♂️

SimonProD

Mega Poster
It's too hot for themeparks - its hitting 100°F again. I planned for a second day at SFFT - but instead spent the day at the hotel pool and now on to a local craft brewery.

Tomorrow have a "introduction package" at the local shooting range.

More Georgia parks next week!

SimonProD

Mega Poster
SFoF

10 new credits with Dare Devil Dive and Batman closed. Did all once and Twisted Cyclone 4x - then cut it short as it was too Six Flags-ish for me todax and want to relax a little before 3+ hr drive each dir for Dollywood tomorrow.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Best Coasters:

1. Twisted Cyclone
2. Goliath

They had the Kid Flash coasters running - average family coaster IMO. Don't really know already if I like the Mindbender refurb or not - will try it again later this week, but the first feel is that Gerstlauer on SooperDooperLooper did a better job...

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Today a +1 - but what a +1!!!

Arie Force at Fun Spot Atlanta - didn't have that thigh pain since Skyrush. What a cool coaster for such a small park. Hope they will add this class of ride. Sadly the Hi-Miler was down.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Is it just me getting older or is Atlanta a place of particular bad driving habits. German Autobahn Police would have a field day... 🤣

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Got today the 2 coasters from SFoG that were closed Monday.

Tomorrow last park Lake Winnie.

The penultimate resume: I don't like the heat. It was mostly just ticking off the coasters and then getting out of the park and the heat. Most times no fun time.

Unless they ressurect Thriller from its ashes I won't return and certainly will not do UAE, Saudi-Arabia or Singapur.

I'm going to Tennessee next year and am flying into and out of Atlanta, is SFoG worth the visit, annoyingly it will only be open at the weekend when we are there which makes planning harder so I need to be certain.

Dan Nguyen

Mega Poster
I'm going to Tennessee next year and am flying into and out of Atlanta, is SFoG worth the visit, annoyingly it will only be open at the weekend when we are there which makes planning harder so I need to be certain.
Yes SFOG is well worth the trip. I went out of my way to visit twice last year and had a great time each time (Arie Force One was pretty much the main reason I went out there). If you have a long enough layover at ATL, check it out. If you've still got a lot of time, check out Arie at Fun Spot too.

They have a really solid coaster collection and an excellent Disney-style dark ride.

Is it just me getting older or is Atlanta a place of particular bad driving habits. German Autobahn Police would have a field day... 🤣

Atlanta traffic in general is notorious for being pretty bad.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Funspot was dead on a weekday so I assume crowds on a weekend are doable. SFoG might be crowded - head to Dare Devil Dive first, then Twisted Cyclone. Operations are sooo slow - even compared to SFFT or SFoT.

If I have to hear "Visual scan....visual scan complete" again I'll go cockoo. When they move their heads with dead uncomprehending eyes...

Mid-July Hamburger DOM funfair - real German ride operations again 😍