What's new

Toy Story Playland - WDS

Martyn B

CF Legend
The new land shall be opening soon, so here are some pics of it almost finished:

Buzz-is-waiting-01.jpg

Step-INTO-Toy-Story-Playland-03.jpg

Step-INTO-Toy-Story-Playland-05.jpg

The-Toy-Soliders-and-their-Parachute-Drop-04.jpg

Taking-a-spin-with-Slinky-Dog-03.jpg

Taking-a-spin-with-Slinky-Dog-08.jpg

Walking-the-race-track-for-RC-Racer-06.jpg

The-Toy-Soliders-and-their-Parachute-Drop-07.jpg

f__leiste_adf47469.jpg

Walking-the-race-track-for-RC-Racer-09.jpg

Walking-the-race-track-for-RC-Racer-16.jpg

Meet-REX-02.jpg

Monkeys-over-Toy-Story-Playland-04.jpg

Monkeys-over-Toy-Story-Playland-03.jpg

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Hmmm...

From the pics, it doesn't look as bad as I was worried it would...

Personally, I love the Knex fencing... That's awesome...

Jake

Strata Poster
I'm not the biggest fan of Toy Story but think this looks AMAZING. I love the little details such as the fencing, and actually think the half pipe thing looks good too. It's garish, but that's the idea I guess... I think kids (and adults) will love it.

jokerman

Giga Poster
That looks brilliant. I concur with the feelings towards the fences. The bright garish colours are perfect.

peep

CF Legend
Hehe, I agree with everyone else, it looks great. The K'nex fencing is my fav too. It all looks glossy and new at the moment, I really need to get over and see it in person.

marc

CF Legend
It looks really good, finally some colour in the park :)

I like all the little touches as well a job well done :)

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
It reminds me a lot of Legoland, which is no bad thing. Now if only they could inject some character into the rest of the Studio experience...

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Wow. I remember seeing when the half-pipe was being built, and it looked terrible. But putting it together with the rest of the area, it just looks like a massive bundle of fun :) Now it actually looks like some sort of Hot Wheels track and doesn't look like an eye soar.

The whole area just looks amazing.

And yes, the K-Nex fences do look awesome!

Waffleman

Mega Poster
I agree with the whole "It's loads better than I thought it would be and the K'nex fencing is awesome" vibe of this topic.

It reminds me of A Bug's Land at California Adventure alot, the way the massive plastic objects work with the greenery and stuff.
Good job and a nice kiddy area addition to the studios!
:--D

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Found a short clip of the RC Racer in action. :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_tcvkcOdy4[/youtube]

Ben

CF Legend
That looks quite cool in action actually. Shame it's so low capacity it'll be a miracle to ever get on the bloody thing...

Lofty

CF Legend
This area really has exceeded my expectations. It looks fantastic and so fun. I'd be really interesting in paying it a visit sometime!

nadroJ

CF Legend
I thought this area was going to be complete gash, keeping with the theme of the rest of the Studios, however it seems to have a little more Imagineering magic and tlc put into it this time and as a result it actually looks quite awesome. Shame about the ride selection, like has been mentioned the park really could have done with something with a much higher capacity.

marc

CF Legend
It is going to be a case off get there when the park opens and run to the ride, just like with Crush, but it should help keep the queues down for Crush :)

I have yet to see anything to do with Woody, is he there?

msep003

Roller Poster
i was very dissapointed when i saw the artwork and the constructions going on every signel day then now i can't wait to see it myself this week . I'll post some photos here soon .