What's new

Topple tower idea

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Topple tower's aren't the highest capacity rides, so I was thinking of ways to increase the capacity. I came up with something that would be very fun and probably right down Huss' alley. My basic idea is placing two topple towers right next to eachother and surrounded by water, like Timber Tower at Dollywood. Attached to each seat would be a water gun to spray riders on the other tower and on the midway. Under the water around the ride would be geysers that could be triggered by riders on the midway. There would also be turrets on the midway for people to shoot water at riders. The ride would be a good addition to a waterpark or a section of a park where water rides generally are, and it would be a lot of fun for not just riders. What do you guys think?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
As much fun as that would be be, the cost and footprint of having two rides of the same type next to one another would be massive.

Interesting question though, are there any flat rides that actually duel?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The closest thing I can think of is Meteor at Dorney Park:

DPMeteor.jpg

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Water on flat rides would usually make me cringe, but after experiencing US summer heat yes please. :C

It's almost disappointing that no top spin here gets you soaked.

As for flat rides that duel... those S&S towers?

What would be better is if Huss designed a higher capacity ride like a topple tower, but with two towers maybe? It would be more economic to run I guess.

Joey, Ripsaw at Canada's Wonderland gets you soaked.

The idea is kind of cool I guess, but I personally dislike rides that get you wet if they're not specifically made in a waterpark. It puts me off them, unless you have a week like we had last week :p .

Also, if that ride at Dorney "duels," then Aero 360 could also be considered dueling, no?