What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Yes! The back seat was just wild, and I loved it. However, the front seat really showcases my favorite part of the ride: the beautiful environment. It's just amazing speeding through those trees with all that airtime.
Exactly! I was a bit surprised to find that the front row was by far the best for me. My old mindset is to assume that the back rows are probably the best on woodies and airtime machines, but for some reason this has really been the season for me of finding better front row rides. I could make a long list of coasters that surprised me this way this season.

Snoo

The Legend
Well, I did my major trip for the year. Count is up to 336 as we speak. Below is the latest with very few changes since visiting Canada's Wonderland. Italicized are rides that moved up and bold are new additions.

I'm going to go with the ENORMOUSLY unpopular opinion that Behemoth was better then Leviathan. Had much more fun riding that ride then its successor. It may just that it has been riding very well (everyone agreed as I was the only newbie to ride it) but it was great. Leviathan underwhelmed in comparison. While it did have good pops of airtime, the ride was rather short and didn't do too much IMO.

Storm Chaser and Tatsu moved up however. Both fantastic and deserved some movement upward. :)

1 Lightning Rod - Dollywood
2 Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
3 El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
4 Goliath - Six Flags Great America
5 Wildfire - Kolmarden
6 Voyage - Holiday World
7 Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
8 Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
9 Maverick - Cedar Point
10 Ravine Flyer II - Waldameer

11 Phoenix - Knoebels
12 Cornball Express - Indiana Beach
13 Banshee - Kings Island
14 Afterburn - Carowinds
15 Boardwalk Bullet - Kemah Boardwalk
16 Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
17 Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point
18 Superman The Ride - Six Flags New England
19 Lightning Run - Kentucky Kingdom
20 X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
21 Behemoth - Canada's Wonderland
22 Tatsu - Six Flags Magic Mountain
23 Evel Knievel - Six Flags St. Louis
24 Prowler - Worlds of Fun
25 Leviathan - Canada's Wonderland
26 Fury 325 - Carowinds
27 Thunderbird - Holiday World
28 Superman Krypton Coaster - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
29 SkyRush - HersheyPark
30 Patriot - Worlds of Fun

^ I actually prefer Behemoth to Leviathan. It is my favourite hyper, despite seeming rattly in recent years. Regardless of the rattle, it has an immense amount of airtime. Leviathan is still amazing, but is far too short, especially when compared to it's superior: Fury325. Also, Storm Chaser is ****ing mental I don't know why people don't have it higher? <3

Snoo

The Legend
^ I actually prefer Behemoth to Leviathan. It is my favourite hyper, despite seeming rattly in recent years. Regardless of the rattle, it has an immense amount of airtime. Leviathan is still amazing, but is far too short, especially when compared to it's superior: Fury325. Also, Storm Chaser is :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing mental I don't know why people don't have it higher? <3
Well I have yet to have ridden it this year which is supposedly better. And to be fair, had the ride been longer with the same intensity, it would be much higher.

^ It didn't actually seem short? It was literally THE most intense coaster I have probably ever ridden for the simple fact that the hills actually felt like my brain was being ripped from my head. Even a person in line, who I can only assume was GP, said "it's like a car crash, but one you want to be in." I had zero expectations for it and it totally blew them away.

^ Yah that's ****ed, what's up with that haha? I didn't notice. Fury seemed to me like a longer, better Leviathan so that is an interesting opinion. Willing to bet it's the feeling of tapering off at the end, whereas Leviathan is kind of "wham, bam. thank you maam"?

Snoo

The Legend
^ It didn't actually seem short? It was literally THE most intense coaster I have probably ever ridden for the simple fact that the hills actually felt like my brain was being ripped from my head. Even a person in line, who I can only assume was GP, said "it's like a car crash, but one you want to be in." I had zero expectations for it and it totally blew them away.

Shorter then others in comparison, not so much overall. I went in with the same expectations and it blew me away as well (having ERT helped too) but I tend to favor old fashioned wood in comparison to steel. I have found myself to be a bit of a snob in that regard but I'm opening my mind.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
1. Lightning Rod
2. Skyrush
3. Wicked Cyclone
4. Outlaw Run
5. Storm Chaser
6. Goliath
7. Fury 325
8. Hades 360
9. The Voyage
10. Cheetah Hunt
11. Renegade
12. Mystic Timbers
13. Avalanche
14. El Toro
15. Superman: The Ride
16. Ravine Flyer II
17. Viper
18. Boulder Dash
19. Millennium Force
20. Maverick
21. Leviathan
22. Banshee
23. Wooden Warrior
24. Raging Bull
25. Phoenix
26. Thunderbird
27. Powder Keg
28. Magnum XL-200
29. Top Thrill Dragster
30. American Thunder
31. X-Flight
32. Ride of Steel
33. Behemoth
34. Full Throttle
35. Cyclops
36. Lightning Run
37. Diamondback
38. Thunderhead
39. Montu
40. The Boss

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
After realizing how unnecessarily high I put S:ROS, I decided to bump it down a bit...

1) Voyage
2) Goliath(GAm)
3) Skyrush
4) Maverick
5) Viper(GAm)
6) Outlaw Run
7) Thunderhead
8) Top Thrill Dragster
9) Lightning Run
10) Thunderbird(HW)
11) The Monster
12) X-Flight(GAm)
13) Raven
14) Powder Keg
15) Outlaw(AL)
16) Batman: The Ride
17) Fahrenheit
18) Superman: Ride of Steel(SFA)
19) White Lightning
20) American Eagle Red

So welcome back to the Top Ten, Thunderbird!

ThomVD

Giga Poster
After my trips to Plopsa de Panne and Denmark.

1. Helix (Liseberg)
2. Taron (Phantasialand)
3. Wildfire (Kolmården)
4. Piraten (Djurs Sommerland)
5. Shambhala (PortAventura)
6. Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park)
7. Nemesis (Alton Towers)
8. Silver Star (Europa Park)
9. Black Mamba (Phantasialand)
10. Junker (PowerPark)

11. Joris en de Draak (Efteling)
12. Troy (Toverland)
13. Cú Chulainn (Tayto Park)
14. Dragon Khan (PortAventura)
15. Monster (Walygator Parc)
16. Blue Fire (Europa Park)
17. Karacho (Tripsdrill)
18. Lost Gravity (Walibi Holland)
19. Anubis (Plopsaland De Panne)
20. Juvelen (Djurs Sommerland)

21. Baron 1898 (Efteling)
22. Goliath (Walibi Holland)
23. Twister (Gröna Lund)
24. Lynet (Fårup Sommerland)
25. Balder (Liseberg)
26. Galactica (Alton Towers)
27. Wodan (Europa Park)
28. Dwervelwind (Toverland)
29. Lisebergbanan (Liseberg)
30. Gold Rush (Slagharen)

31. Heidi: the Ride (Plopsaland de Panne)
32. Colorado Adventure (Phantasialand)
33. Dragon’s Fury (Chessington)
34. Stealth (Thorpe Park)
35. Eurosat (Europa Park)
36. Daemonen (Tivoli Gardens)
37. Jetline (Gröna Lund)
38. Winjas Fear & Force (Phantasialand)
39. The Swarm (Thorpe Park)
40. Wild Mouse (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)

41. Nemesis Inferno (Thorpe Park)
42. Thunderbird (PowerPark)
43. Vogel Rok (Efteling)
44. Muntanya Russa (Tibidabo)
45. Orkanen (Fårup Sommerland)
46. Vliegende Hollander (Efteling)
47. The Smiler (Alton Towers)
48. Olympia Looping (Traveling)
49. Vilda Musen (Gröna Lund)
50. Rutschebanen (Tivoli Gardens)

Shorter then others in comparison, not so much overall. I went in with the same expectations and it blew me away as well (having ERT helped too) but I tend to favor old fashioned wood in comparison to steel. I have found myself to be a bit of a snob in that regard but I'm opening my mind.

Meh, not really, because from the time it exits the lift to the time it gets to the brake run it's a total of 52 seconds, give or take. Outlaw Run is 40 seconds, Iron Rattler is about 45, and Goliath is 40 seconds. So, it's actually at least middle of the road in terms of ride time. We didn't really need ERT considering we basically sat on it without getting off anyways due to the low crowds.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
What's the big deal with Taron? I've noticed an incredible amount of people with it as their number one. It just doesn't look all that intense to me nor do there seem to be many (if any) strong airtime moments. I could be totally wrong, but it just doesn't appear that special from POV and off ride.

Ben

CF Legend
^Not really.

Most people think it's the best thing ever, some people think it's great but not quite there.

That's hardly a massive divide...

And yh TM, you answered your own question, should probably ride it first ;)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
^Not really.

Most people think it's the best thing ever, some people think it's great but not quite there.

That's hardly a massive divide...

And yh TM, you answered your own question, should probably ride it first ;)
That's not my impression. I hear many people who think it's the best thing ever, and then many who think it's quite disappointing and don't know what the fuss is. The detractors say it's forceless and rides more like a family coaster, and they assume the reason people like it must be the theming not the ride. I've also heard from a small minority who find the ride disjointed and disorienting enough to be unpleasant.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I have to side with Ben here. I've yet to see a negative opinion on Taron. The only thing that divides people is whether it's the best coaster ever or if it's fantastic but not quite up there.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
many who think it's quite disappointing and don't know what the fuss is. The detractors say it's forceless and rides more like a family coaster, and they assume the reason people like it must be the theming not the ride.
wtBwWS6.gif