What's new

Thorpe park fright nights opinion

Esther7

Roller Poster
I enjoyed Fright Nights at Thorpe Park two weeks ago, and it was so much fun! The scare zones are great, and I loved the mazes, especially Stitches and Survival Games!😍

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
The best thing Thorpe Park did was the frequent fright night annual pass, I was able to do 62 maze runs over the whole FN across the three mazes.

Starting off with Trailers, this maze was absolutely incredible, for me it was the strongest , and also most consistent maze in terms of scares. The cast this year really locked Trailers into my second favourite FN maze, just behind my all time Platform 15. I really hope the SuperSpark Cinema returns in 2024, just with some new trailers would be nice 👀.

Survival Games was very hit or miss, sometimes you could get good runs and othertimes you didn’t, and the attraction often got bogged down by over batches. I do love the nature of the maze, and the addition of the chainsaws finale really elevated the maze, as the first years finale was in essence the same as Trailers being chased out by a hammer.

Lastly, Stitches, this should have been a maze, that on paper been right up my street. However I found it too over sensory-stimulating, and was only able to do once.

Shows/Zones: Both of the Creatures Campus shows were very good, and always good to have Amity High & Lycan Thorpe back, the one draw back with the new witches for this season was they very much outnumbered each of the iconic “clans” that we’ve had for years, which was a tiny bit of a shame.

The Crows continues to feel like a mini-free-maze instead of a scare zone, which I’m honestly still rather happy about, had some good jumps in there.

Deaths Doors just doesn’t really work, I’m glad Thorpe tried to give it a second chance, but the issues it had in 2022 repeated themselves this year.

Finally Lucifers Lair, it was nice new zone, but it was a very busy, more so than what its predecessor Birthday Bash was, and it was very easy to miss certain shows due to the amount of different offerings they were putting on at different times. The costumes for the creatures in this zone were really nice, and I hope they come back next year.

Overall this year was superior to 2022’s version of the event, but didn’t quite hit the same high that 2021 reached.

Thrillseeker2024

Roller Poster
The best thing Thorpe Park did was the frequent fright night annual pass, I was able to do 62 maze runs over the whole FN across the three mazes.

Starting off with Trailers, this maze was absolutely incredible, for me it was the strongest , and also most consistent maze in terms of scares. The cast this year really locked Trailers into my second favourite FN maze, just behind my all time Platform 15. I really hope the SuperSpark Cinema returns in 2024, just with some new trailers would be nice 👀.

Survival Games was very hit or miss, sometimes you could get good runs and othertimes you didn’t, and the attraction often got bogged down by over batches. I do love the nature of the maze, and the addition of the chainsaws finale really elevated the maze, as the first years finale was in essence the same as Trailers being chased out by a hammer.

Lastly, Stitches, this should have been a maze, that on paper been right up my street. However I found it too over sensory-stimulating, and was only able to do once.

Shows/Zones: Both of the Creatures Campus shows were very good, and always good to have Amity High & Lycan Thorpe back, the one draw back with the new witches for this season was they very much outnumbered each of the iconic “clans” that we’ve had for years, which was a tiny bit of a shame.

The Crows continues to feel like a mini-free-maze instead of a scare zone, which I’m honestly still rather happy about, had some good jumps in there.

Deaths Doors just doesn’t really work, I’m glad Thorpe tried to give it a second chance, but the issues it had in 2022 repeated themselves this year.

Finally Lucifers Lair, it was nice new zone, but it was a very busy, more so than what its predecessor Birthday Bash was, and it was very easy to miss certain shows due to the amount of different offerings they were putting on at different times. The costumes for the creatures in this zone were really nice, and I hope they come back next year.

Overall this year was superior to 2022’s version of the event, but didn’t quite hit the same high that 2021 reached.
Birthday Bash wasn't great though

Absolutely with you, lucifer's lair was incredible, especially for an opening year
Thanks