What's new

Themes we'd like to see

Blaze

Hyper Poster
What themes would you like to see applied in a park that has never been done before or would look good in a particular park.

Alien, Predator or AVP
after ruining the concept and taking it for all its got with two of the worst films ever, would the expand the franchise/s to parks or areas of a park. I think it could go well. The planet from the two Alien films that were actually good, the temple in AVP, the town in AVP2 after the bomb, or after being taken over by aliens, the Nostromo from Alien, the plant in Aliens, the jungle in the original pred?
Or maybe even a combination of more than one?
It would be full of high intensity theming and high intensity rides, perfect for SW6 perhaps? Never been done before, would look fantastic and lend itself to an area like the new Ug Land with its Secret Weapon.
But it could go anywhere, not just AT. Would have to be highly and well themed, and if Disney made the films, an Alien/Pred/AVP indoor ride like Space Mountain/SM:M2 or RnRC, only themed on the films would look amazing

jokerman

Giga Poster
It would be full of high intensity theming and high intensity rides, perfect for SW6 perhaps

People slated Thorpe for theming their ride to a film, but now people are suggesting others. What?

I really like haunted themes, kinda like Halloween-y sort of stuff, and we don't really see a lot of that, so it would be nice if there were a coaster or two that popped up with that sort of thing.

Parks just need to use a little creativity; get away from the racing thing or like, other common themes and that'd be great.

Ollie

CF Legend
SAW.....

....Hang on!

I agree with Taylor. We need more more dark rides and horror themes. :)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Nintendo should do as Universal and Disney: Theme a park or five to their franchises.
Sonic the Hedgehog: the Ride, for instance. Always wanted to see that one.

And to really underline the term "carpark coaster" someone should make a real carpark ride, zooming into and out of a large parking house, perhaps a Wild Mouse? It could be themed to rushing to find an idle spot to park.

And an indoor ghost themed flyer (Banshee?) would be ace. In and out of a castle of Disney proportions, racing through halls and up and down stairways. The only obstacles are money and space.

I've always fancied the idea of using mirrors to enchance a Wild Mouse's riding experience. Imagine an indoor Wild Mouse, spinning or not, racing through mirror tunnels, with "dummy track" several places (bends that don't go anywhere, switch track-like parts going right into a mirror, etc), and some mirrors changed to glass panes. It would be desorienting as can be, because it always would seem like you had several options on where to go, and it would look like you were riding bumper cars due to alll the reflections. Would be pretty sweet.

Slash

Giga Poster
^You've really had some thought about this haven't you Poke?

I'd like to see some more rides themed to horror franchises and the such. It would be fun and scary and a hell of a lot of people would want to ride them.

But mainly I'd like to see more space themed rides and middle ages themed rides. I just think that you can do so much with the two themes:

With space you could have loads of headchoppers from meteors and other spaceships and you can have a really imaginative story line.

With Middle Aged themed rides (no not like people that are going through a crisis) you could have dragons and fire and ice all in the same ride. A dark ride could have loads of scenery and a coaster too, they'd just have to slow the coaster for certain parts.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
really good ideas Poke, really like the car park one, but I image in as a launched coaster, zooming around looking for a space, or even as a Sainsbury's car park full of some chavs driving Vauxhall Novas at 3 in the morning street racing.

You heard it here first!

What about a music themed ride?
It would feature onride soundtracks, sampling different styles of music, starting eith ancient music, ending with up to date, modern music, with everything else in between. The ride could have different stages, with each part of the ride being twinned with a different type of music. Peacfull classical music through a slow, weak section, and loud, shouty music in the fast, intence sections.

You heard it here first!

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Yes but they are themed on one defined type of music, I'm talking hemed to music generally, not just heavy rock

trav

Mega Poster
blaze123 said:
Yes but they are themed on one defined type of music, I'm talking hemed to music generally, not just heavy rock

Do you know what Hard Rock Park actually is?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Hard Rock Park is themed on rock music, it's signature ride is themed on Iron Maiden, and features areas themed on different types of rock music, but still just rock music, and not every type of rock music-Coldpay is rock, but a pre-2008 Coldpay music ride would probably make some people fall asleep. I mean all types of music-rock, pop, rnb and so on.

spicy

Giga Poster
Pokemaniac said:
I've always fancied the idea of using mirrors to enchance a Wild Mouse's riding experience. Imagine an indoor Wild Mouse, spinning or not, racing through mirror tunnels, with "dummy track" several places (bends that don't go anywhere, switch track-like parts going right into a mirror, etc), and some mirrors changed to glass panes. It would be desorienting as can be, because it always would seem like you had several options on where to go, and it would look like you were riding bumper cars due to alll the reflections. Would be pretty sweet.

That idea is awesome! Would love to see that built.

I would love to see a Peter Pan themed flying coaster in a Disney park, flying over London with 'you can fly' playing as you go around a Big Ben it would be brilliant.

Rush

Giga Poster
blaze123 said:
Hard Rock Park is themed on rock music, it's signature ride is themed on Iron Maiden, and features areas themed on different types of rock music, but still just rock music...

Fail.

Ben

CF Legend
^Hahahahahaha.

That's freakin' funny.

And anyone that thinks Aerosmith are 'heavy' needs to learn more about music.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I mean Led Zep, sorry, my fault, and I don't listen to Aerosmith so my fault again, wow I've left my brain in bed today. Again.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Pokemaniac said:
And to really underline the term "carpark coaster" someone should make a real carpark ride, zooming into and out of a large parking house, perhaps a Wild Mouse? It could be themed to rushing to find an idle spot to park.

I thought of a 'construction site' coaster a few months ago, like having it not feeling quite finished, maybe with bits of a more generic theme hanging from the station and a few jars of paint around, then the coaster goes in and out of support beam headchoopers and scaffolding and does a drop down through one of those debris chutes...

Also, this isn't really a theme, but have a walking coaster where you have to walk the car up a hill whilst strapped into the restraints, and then the coaster drops away from the hill and continues on with the ride, so you could have awesome themed walkthrough bits with sudden drops where your feet leave the floor or theming that would be too dangerous to use in any other walkthrough, but since you're strapped in, you can't move so the theming can come really close.

Other themes:

'Honey I shrunk the coaster'

A generic theme, but with awesome interactive stuff and speedometers...

Futuristic planet, with tesla coils and stuff averywhere...

marc

CF Legend
I would like so see Disney use Kingdom Hearts somewhere in their parks, and I would also like to see Final Fantasy used in a park. Its a franchise that just keeps growing and far from at the end of its life.

Jer

Strata Poster
blaze123 said:
Hard Rock Park is themed on rock music, it's signature ride is themed on Iron Maiden, and features areas themed on different types of rock music, but still just rock music, and not every type of rock music-Coldpay is rock, but a pre-2008 Coldpay music ride would probably make some people fall asleep. I mean all types of music-rock, pop, rnb and so on.

Im not gunna lie a ride themed on pop would make me kill myself. People enjoy Aerosmith weather they listen to them religiously or not. But if they made Birtey Spear's popin coaster, no one would want to ride it! it could be the best ride ever built by humanity the fact that not everyone enjoys that kind of music (that blares out of speakers), I can see however a ride with techno or trance.

Error

Strata Poster
I'm not too thrilled with rock-band themed rides. Doesn't really appeal to me...

Really not thinking too far out of the box, but a broken themed coaster would be interesting.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone ever played Super Mario 64? Remember the stage Tick Tock Clock? Close your eyes, put on the music from that stage (you find it here), and imagine a coaster themed to clockwork. Would be awesome with pendulums, gears and a huge clock on the facade of the building housing it.

Another theme, a subway station under construction, with plans for a subway system scattered around, but many of them X-ed over, question marks, TVs with news clips stating that the new subway will be further delayed due to problems with the trackwork, subway train blueprints mixed with coaster blueprints and clearly confused animatronic workmen, running around trying to figure out what the heck they're supposed to build, and a coaster station where the train station would normally be. The coaster itself starts as an accelerator into the darkness, but it soon emerges to the surface and twists around a construction site with even more confused animatronics, pieces of tube track and generally everything else you expect to find on a site where they are trying to build a new tube line. Possible name: The Subway of Babel.

Any ski themed coasters would also be ace, but it would have to have some good turns, a Summit Plummit like drop, perhaps, and maybe a stall turn off a snowboard ramp.