What's new

The Stone Cold Sleeping Bag Poll

How do you pack away you sleeping bag?

• I roll it up neatly before putting it in the bag.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I stuff it back in the bag.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
My sleeping bag is a great big duvet type of thing that opened out and put upside down can be blended into a medieval tent without looking too out of place.

I don't roll or stuff it because it doesn't have a bag. I just place it and line the boot of the car with it before packing on top of it :)

When I pack sleeping bags for people though when I've borrowed them (like Ian's), I roll them :)

Sorry Ian, looks like I've bent your fibres :(

Martyn

Giga Poster
Pokemaniac said:
^^^Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I own three sleeping bags myself (for different temperatures), and spend around 20 nights a year sleeping in one. Not much compared to other guys in my scout group, but then again, I got the stuff-it info from them.

Oh don't worry, I'm not saying you don't. It's just that you sounded very much like a friend of mine with your explanation!

Nic

Strata Poster
the initial photo post in this topic made me lol so much that my work colleague came over to see what I was looking at :)

Oh, and stuff!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Fold, then stuff. There's only just enough room in the bag I use to carry my sleeping bag, so it requires a combined approach. I've got to be vaguely organized in terms of how the bag goes in or it definitely won't fit, but it requires some force to squeeze the whole sleeping bag in and then zip up the outer bag.

A

Anonymous

Here are my favorite answer : I wrap carefully before putting it in the bag :twisted:

peep

CF Legend
Haha, Ian's post made me lol lots, thank you Ian from Coasterforce.

I usually fold a bit and then stuff, but it all depends on what I'm trying to fit the damn thing into.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I clicked "stuff it away" but that's not really the whole truth.

When camping for more than one night then it just gets stuffed in. Then when I get home I clean it and roll it away properly.

I clicked the "stuff" option.

I don't sleep in sleeping bags! Even when I camp it's all about air mattresses and blankets.

But, if I did, I'd stuff it back in because I'm lazy.

kir

Hyper Poster
If Stone Cold is around I don't put away the sleeping bag, I get it out and make room for him to join me. ;)

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
I used to roll it.... but now i'm too lazy too... so i stuff it all in the bag...

I always spare a thought for Stone Cold while i'm doing it though :p

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Now, Ian, which answer is the right one? I thought you'd reveal it at some point...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Once I've found a suitable photo of Stone Cold from GF666, I'll post the answer.

I also have an funny sleeping bag/Stone Cold story to tell from Travelodge antics from Tuesday... :D