What's new

The Goony Stats Thread

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm sure I've posted some of these somewhere on here before, but this seems like a good thread to do it too, and chat about what I have planned with my Cred Sheet...

So we've got the classic Creds by Year chart:

1723919882673.png

Chart of countries:
1723919978164.png
And here's the corresponding table, in numerical order:
CountryNumber of Creds
UK92
France39
Germany39
USA38
Netherlands33
Belgium32
Denmark32
Spain24
UAE23
Poland15
Finland8
Norway7
Ireland6
Sweden5

Creds by their listed scale on rcdb:
1723920115790.png
I find it interesting that the Thrill category lags behind Extreme and Family so much.

A less interesting one of Wood vs Steel:
1723920161933.png
I don't include hybrids; I put them in one or the other. I had a reason for that, but I cannot remember why.

A quirkier one I started tracking last year; Direction of Creds:
1723920232896.png
Requires a bit of explanation:
"Forwards" and "Backwards" are self explanatory: coasters where they are either entirely forwards or backwards respectively
"Swing" is for coasters featuring a swing launch, and this being their only means of changing direction (eg: Toutatis)
"Mixed" is for coasters featuring both forwards and backwards directions, but not (just) from a swing launch (eg Thirteen). This currently includes Boomerang coasters, but I'm going to put them in a separate category
"Both" is for coasters which have had trains/cars/rows which have run entirely forwards and entirely backwards, and I've ridden both as such (eg: Swarm)
"Other" is for spinning and 4D coasters

Another quirkier one, creds by whether they're indoors or outdoors:
1723920501959.png
Again, for further explanation:
"Mixed (I)" is for coasters which are primarily indoors, but have a little outdoor section (eg: Huracan at Bellewaerde)
"Mixed (O)" is for coasters which are primarily outdoors, but have a little indoor section (eg: Saw)
The yellow sliver is "Mixed", which is for coasters which are 50/50 (roughly) indoors and outdoors. I only have two here: Vliegende Hollander and Turbo Track.

Next we have a breakdown of inversion:
1723920735102.png
1723920743607.png
And doing this has made me realise I rode my 100th inverting cred yesterday...Generator at Walibi RA. Yay?

And finally on the charts, the breakdown by length/height/speed:
1723920801540.png
1723920807794.png
1723920814675.png
I find these unsatisfying given the large number number of unknowns. I could spend more time finding out missing numbers, or putting in approximates to put them in ranges. Something for the future.

Now for stuff I don't have in charts:

Table using the 'Design' criteria on rcdb:
DesignNumber of Creds
Sit Down337
Inverted25
Suspended11
Wing10
Bobsled4
Flying4
Stand Up2
Pipeline0
Numbers didn't make it seem worthwhile to put it into a chart.

It's a similar scenario for the 'Category' criteria:
CategoryNumber of Creds
Lift263
Spinning41
Launch35
Powered15
Shuttle13
Floorless6
Water5
4D3
Alpine3
Motorbike3
Brakeman2
Mobius2
Single Rail2
Hamster Wheel0

I'll stick this one in spoilers, for obvious reasons, but my table of manufacturers (look at me finally addressing the topic at hand)...
ManufacturerNumber of Creds
Vekoma65
Intamin39
Mack38
Zierer34
Gerstlauer29
B&M25
Zamperla22
Maurer20
Unlisted / Unknown14
SBF13
GCI9
Pinfari8
Reverchon8
Arrow7
Soquet7
CCI5
Schwarzkopf5
Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters4
Preston&Babieri4
S&S4
Gravity Group3
WGH Transportation3
Wiegand3
Caripro2
L&T Systems2
RCCA2
RMC2
abc1
ART Engineering1
Cavazza Diego1
DAL1
DH Morgan Manufacturing1
Dynamic Attractions1
E&F Miler Industries1
Fabbri1
Gosetto1
Güven Amusement Rides Factory1
I.E. Park1
KumbaK1
Meridian Ltd.1
Pax1
Sartori Rides1
Wisdom Rides1

Now, something which is a work in progress.

I've kept a track of my end of year rankings since 2021. So, for example, I have a table with 143 coasters I ranked at the end of 2021. I have a similar one for end of 2022 and 2023. I currently have 257 coasters ranked in my 2024 sheet.
My hope is to be able to compare how I've ranked coasters throughout the years. For example, at the end of 2021, I had Lech Coaster ranked as my #14. Currently, it is ranked as my #40.
But, given I've ranked over 100 more coasters, how differently ranked is Lech in my standings now?

I currently have a sheet doing this in a crude way, doing "1 - [year rank] / [number of coasters ranked]". This gives the coaster a score between 0 and 1 each year, with the higher the score, the better it is in proportion with the coasters I've ranked. Here's Lech for 2021-2024:
1723921742512.png

So, for example, in 2021, Lech was ranked 14th and around the Top 10%, with a score of 0.901. Each year, it's slipped down the ranking (because I've ridden more coasters that I've liked more), and it's score has dropped.

I don't know what I can really do with this, whether it's any use, or what, but just something I've got in the background.

Other things I track on my Cred Sheet, but don't do much with:
  • Opening date of each coaster
  • Year last ridden
  • Age of coaster when first ridden (mean average at the mo: 14.26 years old)
  • Age of coaster when last ridden (mean average at the mo: 15.44 years old)
  • English translation of name, where appropriate (for example, I wouldn't translate "El Toro" to "The Bull", but I would translate "Drachen" to "Dragon")
  • Times ridden (not perfect for some of my home parks coasters, but good enough for most)

Attachments

• 1723921688998.png
    1723921688998.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 10
Right - I love the goony stats, but I don't want it all jumbled together. Seeing as we have threads for all sorts of different counting things, I think best to leave the manufacturers thread alone. I've split Josh's post off as the start of a new thread, where you can feel free to post any and every wacky stat/chart/tidbit you've got.

This post will come second due to the way the forums work. :)

Double post, but straight in there!

Yesterday I was able to finish all the updates to my credsheet from the start of the year. I would be highly surprised to see anything change much now on this until 2025. :(

I have my credsheet set up with a cover page summarising all of the stats. The whole thing (summary pages, coaster list and park list) gets PDF'd for quicker sharing/viewing/etc. Most of this is all automated after I've inputted the new creds, using VBA (to refresh, sort and format PivotTables and the like) and Python (to generate the map image).

I'm not really a fan of pie charts, so a lot of the data is quite visually simple with just tables and Top 1/2/3 highlighted. I've got an 'experiment' tab in the spreadsheet where I mess about with things from time to time - during this off season I may have a think about how to visualise some of these a bit more interestingly.

uwDsWVo.png

FQbEklM.png

And the map a bit higher resolution:

4QWRE6h.png

Always looking for other ideas that you lot come up with for things to add/tweak/etc. And any typos you may see...!

Love the stats and the presentation @Hixee. Need to make some adjustments to mine-- you've given me a few ideas.

I do have a couple charts in other tabs, but these are my main stats. Pretty much everything is automated referencing other tabs except for the % ridden of manufacturers which I have to pull manually from RCDB occasionally.

I think I'm most surprised about the % of closed coasters compared to my total list.

cc_stats.png