Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Something completely different which I will post below

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

DJProspeKt

Roller Poster
I've worked all over the UK and had this argument MANY times, I'm fairly sure its a north/south divide thing.

This is mainly or the UK, but I am interested in what the rest of the world take it as.

I say the three main meals are...Breakfast, Dinner and Tea.

I've been challenged a lot about this with people say its...Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

What do you say it is?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Richie said:
It's definitely breakfast, lunch and then dinner. I hate it when people call dinner tea!
This.

Tea is a drink, not a meal.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It depends where I am in the country. If I'm up North then it's breakfast, dinner and then tea. If I'm down south then it's breakfast, lunch and dinner. The problem is that dinner is "the main meal", so if you have a roast ox and all the trimmings at lunch time and a peanut butter sandwich at 9:00 p.m. then you're actually having breakfast, dinner, supper.

Of course, if you're lower class then it's always b/d/t because dinner doesn't happen in the evening due to the fact that you're drinking five pints of stout for your evening meal. Being lower class also explains why b/d/t is a Northern thing almost exclusively. Though you may have a quick butty before heading to the pub at tea time (around 4-5 p.m.) ;)

The middle classes will almost exclusively have b/l/d, but those with delusions of upper class will have b/l/s - it's all a southern thing though for people who think they're better than others, the kind of people who have two flush settings on their toilets and enjoy watching snooker ;)

In reality it's a completely flexible part of the language, but for clarity you should always refer to the break in the middle of the day as lunch time. You may have lunch at lunch time, or dinner at lunch time, but the period is best called lunch time because that's when it is.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
The use of "tea" is stupid, because in many situations it could mean a cup of tea or dinner. So just use dinner, ffs.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Yeah well I say tea so **** you all.

Was always dinner/lunch time at school, and my northern parents called last big meal tea. So there.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Dinner is the evening meal, regardless of it's size.

I always use the long flush setting after excreting my post-dinner dump.

DJProspeKt

Roller Poster
furie said:
Of course, if you're lower class then it's always b/d/t because dinner doesn't happen in the evening due to the fact that you're drinking five pints of stout for your evening meal. Being lower class also explains why b/d/t is a Northern thing almost exclusively. Though you may have a quick butty before heading to the pub at tea time (around 4-5 p.m.) ;)

I honestly don't know weather to take that as a compliment or an insult!

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Only the deluded old grannies around here say tea instead of dinner. I, along with everyone else growing up in my area, have had it drilled into my head since day one that it's breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lupper occasionally makes an appearance, just to mix things up :wink:

Snoo

The Legend
Dinner.

I don't really eat lunch and if I eat breakfast, it's more of a snack then a meal.

Frank

Roller Poster
The name of the meal depends on the food served.

If the meal at around 12 is cooked, it's dinner (hence the term "roast dinner"), if it's not cooked (like a sandwich made of leftovers), it's lunch.

So what you've eaten that day dictates what the meals are called.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Breakfast Lunch Dinner.

Yet you get the retards who say Breakfast Lunch Supper Dinner, and I don't even know what they classify what as. It's like they are hobbits or some ****, eating all day and shiz.