What's new

Steel Eel - Hyper coaster or not?

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
Definitions of Hypercoaster on the Web:

A term used to describe a steel roller coaster designed for speed and airtime. Hypercoasters have large drops for speed, have no inversions and have plenty of camelbacks, bunny hops or speed bumps for airtime.

WHA, the internet said that? Where did you get that from? :lol:
If you want any credibility whatsoever, include a link next time.
:wink:
While I have no doubt you got that definition from how stuff works, or a different site, include a link next time.
If you want I can pull the same card:
CF Def: A term coined by Cedar Point to describe a coaster over 200ft in height.
http://www.coasterforce.com/Glossary

It then brings Snoo into the picture and will swing me back around to universally accepted terms.
When on the forums I guarantee every enthusiast, who knows what they are talking about, will refer to the "Traditional enthusiast lingo". Why go against the main stream?
Cedar Point coined the Term Hyper coaster after they built Magnum to describe its height. Enthusiasts aren't going to mess with it, the term is set in stone.
I guess I really shoved the enthusiast view right down your throat.
Sorry for being a dick about it. :wink:

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
This whole argument is like the coaster/not a coaster crap.

It's not really important enough to devote this much time bickering over a definition.

IMHO.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Well, if Magnum went over 200 feet yet wasn't a "traditional" hyper, with hills, airtime, ect., but had inversions or whatever, CP would've still labeled it a Hyper and we would still use that term today. Or something like that. :p