What's new

Smoothest coaster?

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Which coaster provided you the smoothest ride experience of all?

For me it'd have to be Griffon @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg (riding it last year in June). I personally recall the ride being extremely smooth - there are no particular memories of even a single bump or rattle. I'm not sure a coaster could actually get any smoother.

What's your smoothest coaster?

Artichoke

Mega Poster
For some reason. Space Mountain at Disney World was smooth as **** for me. Well, at least towards the end of the ride. It was almost as if there was no track at all. It was an awesome feeling.

Mr. X

Roller Poster
You must have ridden a different ride than I did. That ride vibrates terribly every time I've ridden it.

I'd have to say SheiKra. Must have something to do with the Dive Machine trains. Disneyland's Space Mountain was also butter smooth when I rode it.

Artichoke

Mega Poster
That was my second time riding it. The first time, it vibrated like crazy. But the second time, it felt like a completely different ride. It was so smooth.

Ollie

CF Legend
I can't remember off the top of my had but I know there's been a few rides that have been silky smooth and felt like you were floating. :)
However Bandit is NOT one of them. :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Millennium Coaster at Fantasy Island. It's a Vekoma and it inverts, but the entire ride feels like you're sitting in an arm chair dozing in front of the Queen's speech in a mildly drunken Christmas haze (with all the disappointment that follows the build up to the day).

I think Patriot wins this one for me. Not once did I get any headbanging or feel any kind of vibration. That thing just glides through the layout!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I think Patriot wins this one for me. Not once did I get any headbanging or feel any kind of vibration. That thing just glides through the layout!
Agreed. That zero-g-roll was spectacular too.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^It was THE best zero-g-roll I've ever been on. :)

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
Intimidator, while not the best coaster, was very smooth when I rode it. Mind you, it was brand new, so it should be freakin' smooth, but whatever. As far as slightly older coasters go, Nitro was silky smooth last season when i went :D <3

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Space Mountain at Disneyland is the first that comes to my mind, in fact since it was so smooth was part of the reason I rank it higher then the one in Paris.

Apollo's Chariot and Talon rank up there in smoothness for me as well.

Artichoke

Mega Poster
Disneylands Space Mountain was smooth too. But, something about Disney Worlds SM just amazed the **** out of me.

pebs34

Roller Poster
I find that flying coasters are very smooth, I have been on Air and Manta and find both were very smooth.

andrus

Giga Poster
Definitely Black Mamba! That's the only coaster I've ridden where I couldn't feel a single vibration! The whole ride was like riding on smooth glass :)

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
^Agreed about Raptor! Although I disagree with caffiene demon on Colossos!

Shock at Rainbow Magicland is smooth.