What's new

Slither release

Xpress

Strata Poster
I built this for Daves Vekoma Shuttle comp, which he abandoned, so I decided to just release it here.

slithertitle.png

Nothing fancy, just a layout: linky

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Not bad. But it didn't feel right.

Good Points
-Pacing was nice
-Layout was good
-It was smooth
-Mostly free of pumps and jerks

Bad Points
-Felt to... perfect.

Lets face it, Vekoma ain't great on the smoothness front and some of the transitions just didn't feel very Vekoma. That's my only problem with this. It just felt too much like an Intamin sort of ride. However, trackwise it was good.

7.5/10

Brookes

Giga Poster
Brilliant ride Xpress. Great tight, compact layout, really smooth, good pacing, awesome supports. I loved the fact it went backwards first aswell, that was a nice touch. Liked the colours aswell. Obviously as it was just a track with a few trees I can't give it a fantastic mark, but the track itself was worth a 8.5/10 I feel. Good work!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I really liked this. I'm impressed.

BT. Pretty flawless it flowed beautifully, even the supports were good.

Adrn. All the elements taken at the right speed, it all worked well, and i loved that you did the reverse part first, but, I know it's hard to get a good pacing on a shuttle, but it's not the most exciting coaster out there.

Orn. very original, a good take on a shuttle coaster.

A good 8.5/10 I feel.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
The only gripe I have is that the corkscrews are too big for the speed the train is going, causing too much hangtime. I don't agree with Hixee about the Vekoma statement. Newer Vekoma's have perfect track shaping and this coaster stays pretty true to that.

Because of my gripe I'm giving it a 7/10

Xpress

Strata Poster
Thanks guys :)

Yeah, I was going for a more modern Vekoma, although I really havent seen one other than the dutchmans.

Slash

Giga Poster
I loved it, almost flawless can't see one fault in it other than Corks were a bit slow.

9/10