What's new

Slingshot to be removed from Carowinds - something on the horizon in 2024?

bigmac1789

Roller Poster
I feel like if they do remove it, they will pull a Kings Island and leave that plot of land empty for a couple years. They just got a major expansion....and Cedarfair would most likely want to look at other parks for new rides

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
I know by its very nature, a rumor isn’t meant to be taken as certain, but this was posted with a level of certainty without any official confirmation from the park, construction permits, or reliable sourcing. While I can tell Theme Park Predictions is passionate about the stuff he posts, his prediction videos are generally just wishful speculation or tailing rumors that have already been covered by more reliable outlets. So I’m remaining skeptical of this until I see more substantial evidence.

RideThroughTime

Roller Poster
I feel like if they do remove it, they will pull a Kings Island and leave that plot of land empty for a couple years.
I have no idea about Carowinds, but this statement isn't entirely accurate with regards to Kings Island...they left the Slingshot plot of land empty for one season and it's getting a replacement for next year.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I have no idea about Carowinds, but this statement isn't entirely accurate with regards to Kings Island...they left the Slingshot plot of land empty for one season and it's getting a replacement for next year.
Not even a full season for KI’s, their Slingshot was pulled down in May and five months later that area became a construction site.