What's new

Sega Opens New Joypolis in Qingdao

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This one crept under the radar completely. But Sega have opened a new Joypolis in the Chinese city of Qingdao complete with a weird looking motorbike coaster with single cars.

There looks to be the usual selection of interactive rides and even the coaster has some kind of interactive game while you ride.
I loved Joypolis in Tokyo and i hear Sega Republic in Dubai is good fun too so it's great to see another one of these pop up.

Not many pictures so far but I'm sure more will pop up soon.

150702125504682.jpg

150702125507338.jpg

Official Site

Re: Sega Open

That coaster looks fun. Any idea of the manufacturer? Or is it a Chinese knock off?

I wish Sega World in London did well back in the 90's and ended up looking like this, the drop tower was awesome and its good to see that Sega didn't completely abandon their indoor arcades with rides as they are really good fun.

^ To be fair, if it is Chinese you can't call it a knockoff since it's an original design.

Re: Sega Open

spicy said:
That coaster looks fun. Any idea of the manufacturer? Or is it a Chinese knock off?

I wish Sega World in London did well back in the 90's and ended up looking like this, the drop tower was awesome and its good to see that Sega didn't completely abandon their indoor arcades with rides as they are really good fun.

I am currently trying to research this same info, but have not been successful. The only thing I could think of is that the two roller coasters at the other SEGA arcade parks are built by Gerstlauer. This new one could be built by Gerstlauer, as well. They do not list it on their website, but they are not the most timely when it comes to posting their latest projects.