What's new

SeaWorld San Diego planning new 2025/26 coaster?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Makes sense, since they don't have a park in that country.
That may change this decade, as Haichang Ocean Park last year inked out a series of deals with the Saudi money pit.
My theory is that sw waiting for the Orcas to die of natural causes so they can replace the stadium. In about 15 years, they will rip it out, and stick a coaster that runs to the front entrance.
While it would certainly open up a lot of land, this is a long game that SeaWorld just isn't going to play. If they really want a big new coaster, development will get shortlisted to within five years of pitch time.

Wild Atlantis

Roller Poster
Wing doesn't make much sense since emporer has floor lessons trains on a multilooper. Surf could work, nice gimik for the GP. My only issue is for one riddler up the road, but multilaunches are most of the park, a traditional airtime machine would go a long way.

Not sure if it helps, but there is a small fenced off area behind emp and artic rescue. Looks like enough room for a screaming swing or drop tower.

Jellyfish experience sounds like a good return of indoor aquariums for swsd. We got rid of 3 in the last 5 years, so getting one back would be nice. They where all very immersive and visually very nice. Also AC in parks is always a bonus.

I still want a raptor or gtx hopefully in the back or middle of the park. Most major.coasters are on the parking lot side shoved towards the back. Tidal Twister is gone so watch out for that area. Park has to go with what the coastal commission says so height and location limits are very strict.

The midway district (where swsd is located in San diego) is in the planning to remove its 150 ft height limit in the next few years so hypers and such are possible.
Seaworld San Diego not in the Midway district planning area, and the height limit isn’t being changed

Dude....look it up, half the cheap ticket and review sites classify it as midway district, and it's under 1 mile away from what you are calling the midway district.

Also, if your a local from SD, that was the plan about 2 years ago so they could redevelop the sports arena, and add some decent sized buildings around it. Nobody said the plan was scrapped, but I haven't heard anything since.

Also, seaworld san diego is still arguing with the city because they are yet to pay over 12 MILLION dollars in taxes left of from the pandemic.

For non locals who want to actually know Bout the park, the area where riptide Rescue is was originally a quick service restaurant with a patio.

MaxxForceFan

Roller Poster
Dude....look it up, half the cheap ticket and review sites classify it as midway district, and it's under 1 mile away from what you are calling the midway district.

Also, if your a local from SD, that was the plan about 2 years ago so they could redevelop the sports arena, and add some decent sized buildings around it. Nobody said the plan was scrapped, but I haven't heard anything since.
I looked it up, and the park isn't a part of the district planning area or the development plan.

https://obrag.org/2023/12/judge-rej...-clears-way-for-midway-rising-re-development/

midway-plan-area-map-good-ed.jpg

Seems strange that they are pushing animal exhibits at the same time that they renamed their corporate company to United Parks and Resorts. Seems like a very six flags type deal, and I don't like it. We already saw it with Emp's station being non-existant, AR's themeing being minimal, TT being removed, and the interesting front entrance being torn out for a glorified car port. I just find it very strange, and I hope this means some more corporate attention...AKA give us a good coaster, they are hard caried by a clone, a first drop, and a family ride. Please give us a raptor, GTX or something. Don't completely get rid of animals, but incorporate them much like how manta and AR are right now.

Wild Atlantis

Roller Poster
I feel like a B&M surf coaster would be the perfect coaster for San Diego. But an Intamin mega would be my dream something like Konda