What's new

Ryan goes to Walibi World

ryan462

Hyper Poster
As some of you may know, last weekend me and some friends went to Amsterdam for the weekend. Our flight arrived at 9.00am on Friday morning. Most of the people I went with were really tired from staying up most of the night before hand and therefore decided to go to the hotel and sleep for the day so they could go out all night instead. I wasn't too tired so me and Elliot went off to Walibi World for the day and planned to meet the others later. Before I left, Emmet and Ian had kindly explained how to get there so I followed their advice and left the hotel around 11.00.

We took a tram to centraal station and from there we got our tickets to Harderwijk station via Amersfoort. The person at the station spoke perfect english and also informed us that standard tickets were 44Euros for the two of us but for 40Euros we could go the whole journey first class so we went with that one! :--D

The journey was 1hour 10mins by train and then we got the Walibi Express where you can buy a combo ticket to get into the park saving a few Euros too.

We was expecting it to be very busy as it was during the summer holidays and it's a popular park but for some reason it was empty. We didn't get into the park until 1.30 and by 5.30 we had done everything we wanted to.

As we entered we went straight to Goliath which was amazing and we queued 10mins for it! Next up was Robin hood which is a big woodie at the back of the park. We got front row and it was actually really good. After that we went on the Rockin Roller' clone which was my 100th followed by the rapids which we got soaked on! We then made our way round to the other side of the park to ride The Flying Dutchman, Wok's Kiddie coaster, and the Tomahawk. By now it was about 4.00 and there was one more credit to get and it was the bloody SLC... We got our photo taken with Walibi and then went on the Ferris Wheel to get some ariel photos of the parkand to relax. 4.30 now and we got some more food followed by a 40min queue (longest of the day) for El Condor (the SLC) which wasn't as bad as the one at Hiede but still crap :p

It was 5.15 now and we wanted to leave soon as we had big plans that night and we knew it took at least 2 hours to get back to the hotel. Just before leaving I went back to Goliath for a re-ride and got back row and it was even better than the first time. Definatly one of the best coasters I ahve ever ridden :--D . I would have gone on it a few more times but Elliot got stung by a wasp and wasn't to happy and we didn't want to miss out on the earlier train back to Amsterdam centraal.

Anyways........... Here some photos from the day :)

t71ncz.jpg

Double decker train FTW

kbrp76.jpg

View from outside the car park

2q1syte.jpg

Walibi World entrance

2hreiqr.jpg

Just like in Denmark and Germany, Amsterdam have loads of slush too :--D

2zsqhpw.jpg

Now.... The main reason I came to Walibi World

2637ods.jpg

Shockingly the Goliath queue looked like this all day!! :)

10z1oq9.jpg

Robin Hood

1zltz5z.jpg

Me and Walibi

35byz5d.jpg

Kiddie Credit

s5jubk.jpg

Flying Dutchman and Tomahawk

xn6puc.jpg

Amazing airtime!

dff3is.jpg

El Condor

vhu8uc.jpg

Xpress (My 100th)

2nallkp.jpg

I loved Goliath

rbjmyp.jpg

Walibi Express > Thorpe Express

Ride Count:
Goliath x2 (Back row x1)
Flying Dutchman x1 (Front row x1)
Robin Hood x1 (Front row x1)
Xpress x1 (My 100th) cool)
El Condor x1
Wok's Waanzin x1
Tomahawk x1
El Rio Grande x1
La Grande Wheel x1

Even though the park was open until 8pm I left at 6 after only spending 4 and a half hours there but loved the park. The rides were great, the themeing was good, all the workers were really friendly and helpfull and even though the park wasn't at all busy, they still had two trains running on every main coaster :)
....Oh and the weather was beautiful !!

Walibi World is now my second favourite park behind PortAventura. Overall I had a lovely day at Walibi World and hope to return there one day in the future :)

Comments are very welcome x

Emmett

Giga Poster
Nice report Ryan, this is what I like to see. It was the same when we went last summer the place was very quiet and got to whore Goliath too.

Sounded like you had a great day and got a good ride count.

peep

CF Legend
Cool TR Ryan.

Have you been to Walt Disney Studios and been on Rock 'n' Rollercoaster? I want to know if it's better/worse than Xpress. It's the same coaster but I wondered if having effects and being indoors actually makes Rock 'n' Rollercoaster a better ride (it probably does but I'm curious as to what Xpress is like).

Jake

Strata Poster
Xpress is smoother (well, it was in 2006), but RnR has the effects etc...

To be honest, there isn't much in it, as they're both pretty average rides, LOL. I'd rather ride Xpress again if I had the chance, though!

Martyn B

CF Legend
But RnRC isn't rough anyway? Isn't the launch better (well faster) on Xpress? I remember reading somewhere ages ago that as the train is lighter (no music system) it requires a slightly faster launch? or the other way around, I dunno!

Jake

Strata Poster
^ The differences relating to the weight of the sound system, including a slightly larger layout on one of them, really aren't enough of a difference to be noticed.

I'm talking about the RnR in Florida, which wasn't exactly rough, but Xpress was like glass when I rode it back in 2006 - one of the smoothest Vekomas ever.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Good stuff Ryan.

I've had really good times at Walibi on two previous visits, and Goliath is a great ride. Wasn't at its very best the last time I went, but I'd still put it in my top ten. Only a few weeks till I go back for Halloween now, really looking forward to see what they do with the park this year, and night rideage on Goliath!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Sounds great. It's a park I've been wanted to get to for years and it does look great.

Nice PTR there, it's nice to see you had a good time.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'm aiming to start driving around parts of Europe next year, I'll have to make this park a must I think, I've always wanted to go there and on one ever has a bad word to say about it.

Ryan, did you happen to notice if anything is going on with La Via Volta? Its been a while now...

ryan462

Hyper Poster
^ I asked someone that was working there and they just told me that its under construction still. There was no builders on site at the time though.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Under construction? lol!

Last I heard was in 2007 when the train turned up at Pleasurewood, it was rumoured to be going to this park in Portugal (was that ever built?), then that changed and they were going to get it re-open. All they need is a new train! Or infact, they can have the one back that they gave Pleasurewood!