Vortex Or Rush

• Vortex

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rush

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I think the title pretty much explains it. Which do you think is better. I think I actually like Vortex more. It has a longer program and is more intense. The sensation of it is beautiful as well.

Scarlet

Mega Poster
I despise posting in the tedious Thorpe topics as they've all existed and subsequently died thrice times over.

But this I had to. The fact that Vortex even makes it onto a poll with the word "better" involved is laughable. Vortex is the perfect example of another ride completely ruined by the Thorpe syndrome. A ride model that otherwise always provides a great thrill - if in any other location :lol:

Vortex is a complete failure, it spends at least 45 seconds gathering up some kind of 'spin', which is then COMPLETELY lost in the first half swing! Even at the ride's climax, the only enjoyable thing is to laugh at how much more stupid the hairstyles of the opposite-facing chavs look when swung about a bit.

Vortex is a complete comedy ride. It often even fails in producing comedy at its crapness, and only manages to conjur up a flagon of annoyance at how much time you've just wasted. It's a mood blender, it takes any positive mood - pathetically shakes it a bit and spits you out in a dissatisfactory rage (much like how blenders ruin everything that's put in them too).

Rush on the otherhand, wins this poll.

I was never completely hyped up about Rush - nor do I agree with all its amazing reviews. I don't think Rush is fantastic, it's just really enjoyable. It's not very intense but it does provide a great deal of lovely floater airtime.

But still, even if the mighty Teacups, Fungle Safari AND Banana Boat went singularly against Vortex - our dearest worse-than-a-drunken-sit-on-park-bench 'ride' would come out as loser :p

So. Rush.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Well I still havn't ridden Rush yet as it's never been open whenever I've been to Thorpe, so i'l, have to say Vortex, but If I had ridden Rush, it would most likely be that.

Sam

Giga Poster
I rate Vortex very highly- if you get a good swing it's a brilliant ride.

Rush is better though- one of the best rides in the park.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Vortex is good sometimes when it has airtime, but most of the time it makes me feel sick and is boring.

Rush however, is a laugh all the time, and provides a lot of fun consistently.

Rush.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Vortex only gives you a good swing when you're at the top, and there's far better ones out there like eagle's claw.

However rush has long queues and I only really enjoy it when the ride ops let me keep my restraint open and get a bit of floater.

But rush is bigger, so rush. Oh and a little tip for enjoying rush more: tilt your head back so that you can almost see the other swing when you are at the top of an outwards swing, or just tilt head all the time. This pushes your body away from the seat giving more airtime, and disorientates you making it a scarier experience. Not recommended for people who get seasick.

Will

Strata Poster
Anyone who votes Bortex fails epically at life.
I would go into more detail, but I rather think Scarlet has said it all for me :lol:
Rush is quite possibly Thorpe's best ride. Vortex is a joke - albeit a highly amusing one.

Jake

Strata Poster
Vortex. Rushed is too short and BORING.

Vortex can be crap, but if you're lucky you can get a really good ride!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Scarlet made post of the century up there! I've never agreed, so utterly, with every single made in another person's post. That was superb though!

I salute you Scarlet :D

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Vortex makes me feel sick sometimes and you don't always get a good ride!

I Love Rush and I think it is one of the best flats ever created! I love the acceleration and the amount of airtime due to the restraint system.

Jools

Giga Poster
"Feels like some kinda RUSH! YEH YEH! SO GOOD!"
I don't here anyone singing
"feels like some kinda VORTEX! YEH YEH! SO GOOD!"

:lol: lol :lol:

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Vortex is crap. Eagles Claw at LWV is so much better! And when I went on Rush I thought it was really good with lots of floater and stuff. It does have a short program though so maybe if they gave it a longer cycle then that would be really cool.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
What is not to enjoy about Screamin Swings. They aren't rough in any way and it is a pleasant sensation. Do you just find them boring or something?

Well Daniel, to each his own.

First of all, the cycle at least for the one I've been on didn't last long enough. The swings are pretty fun, but they just don't provide amazing forces. I think MaXair's forces spoiled me, and then Skyhawk just paled in comparison.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Ah, gottcha. Rush has a laughable program. I think you get about 4 swings at full height. I agree about it not being intense but I don't think it is designed to be, just fun.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
It should go over 90*. That would make it intense because it would swing outwards slightly whilst the passenger is still falling straight down, thus pulling him outwards aswell.

Scarlet

Mega Poster
danielfitzgerald99 said:
Ah, gottcha. Rush has a laughable program. I think you get about 4 swings at full height. I agree about it not being intense but I don't think it is designed to be, just fun.

Have you never been on it with the 1 full swing program?

Even THAT'S better than Vortex.