What's new

Runaway Train Ride at Anderton and Rowland Fairs

Brookes

Giga Poster
With the recent topic about whether people count fair coasters on their count, I remembered that there was a coaster I had ridden at a fair but I can't find it anywhere. It was at an Anderton and Rowland Fair in Torquay, Devon and there were two coasters and lots of flats I think. There was a Wild Mouse, which I have found on the internet and added to my count, but I can't find the other ride, a kiddy Mine Train thing. Anyone have any information about it?

jack.bell

Mega Poster
is it the ride which takes you up verticaly then round the outside? because that is a local rowland ride that was at teigmouth (spelling) last summer. as a local to Devon i have seen other rowlands coasters and there is one at the moment in the pinhoe area of exeter.but that rollercoaster is green and isnt mine themed?

Brookes

Giga Poster
No I don't think that was the one. It was a kiddy ride with a really small layout, and the train was themed to a runaway mine train.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I have found the picture of me on it from 2 years ago:

goldmine.jpg

That is the best one for showing the coaster. After looking at the other pictures we took of it, I think it said Gold Mine on the side of the cars, and you can see the sign in the background of that picture which must say Gold Mine. Therefore, I think it is called Gold Mine but I still can't find anything about it on the internet. So, I think I'll add it to my count, but any extra information would be appreciated. :)

Brookes

Giga Poster
This is the same coaster, just at a different place: Link!

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this is the exact one so I've added it to my count now I know the name: Link! :)