What's new

Roller Coaster TV Programs and Other Related Videos

There are better simulators out there though. I went on one in Butlins that actually goes upside down which was great fun.
That thing at the end could of been fun. I like how they make it look like they built an exact replica of Expedition GeForce when all they did was load a pre-made coaster. :lol:
Would love to ride my coasters on a 65" screen though. :)

Just a shame about all the boring bits in between. I went upstairs for the lawnmower reviews. But that bit with the Iris scanners was quite scary as they could be using them and you wouldn't have a clue.

Meh, I love how enthusiasts come on here and slate how bad they make it. But remember it is made for someone who isn't that knowledged on roller coasters or rides.

One question thats bothering me how come drop towers such as Apocolypse arent considered rollercoasters when Intamin Reverse Freefall coasters are?

^It's just shows lack of knowledge. We like to pick at everything they get wrong (which is alot) so shows like that shouldn't be taken seriously.

I just watched the episode of The Inbetweeners where they went to Thorpe Park.
It was alright and you got to see a bit behind in the staff area.
They also reversed a shot of Stealth to make it look like the went the other way and they weren't in the queue for the front seat for Inferno even though they were pretending they were.

I am currently watching a program on future trains, using linear motors (magnets) to launch trains. It had Superman at the Mountain on it. Probally wasn't even worth posting for that ride but whatever...

Ollie said:
I just watched the episode of The Inbetweeners where they went to Thorpe Park.
It was alright and you got to see a bit behind in the staff area.
They also reversed a shot of Stealth to make it look like the went the other way and they weren't in the queue for the front seat for Inferno even though they were pretending they were.

God Ollie, you're so picky!

Oh and you completely forgot how they all called it 'THE Nemesis Inferno' the whole way through! :p

Yeah and they park really far away from the entrance next to a sign that's not actually there. The Monkey mascot doesn't go round anymore. Disabled people are put to the back of the coasters not the front.
The list goes on. :p

Odd one for you here.

This is a ten minute promotional video of Alton Towers from 1988.

It's actually superb and has some fantastic bits in it - especially at the end with the plug for John Broome's failed The Battersea project (soon after this, he sold Alton Towers to continue funding of that).

Can you spot Oblivion's station? Submission? Where about was the Mouse and 1001 Nights? Those high class shops, any ideas what they might be now?

Should be interesting to see if anyone knows :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y__uxnRpTvI[/youtube]

It's sad about the Battersea project, I think. It was SO RCT.

And I miss the Mouse. It's awesome <3

ciallkennett said:
Great find Phil :)

I didn't find it, I stole the link from Towers Times! :)

Ben said:

I think it's sadder for John Broome. He was actually really good for Alton Towers. And just think Ben, if he hadn't sold out to go bankrupt on Battersea - there'd be no Nemesis! ;)

Ben said:

I can't remember :(

furie said:
Ben said:

I think it's sadder for John Broome. He was actually really good for Alton Towers. And just think Ben, if he hadn't sold out to go bankrupt on Battersea - there'd be no Nemesis! ;)

This story just gets sadder and sadder... :cry:

Ben said:

I can't remember :(

I can, but, then I did ride it 10 months ago :wink:

Yes, I'll bet it was crap really. Like Dark Knight, only not in the dark! :p

Great video Furie, the memories :)

I think the main street looked so much better back then, infact I think the park did.

I think you're right Marc, it looked all clean, sparkling and well maintained. Fun as well with the entertainers... However - it was a promotional video, so I doubt they'd show it in a bad light... Or how it actually really was.

The gardens and towers looked in much better condition though. You can't blame age really, as this was only 20 years ago and they looked in excellent condition there after 150 years!

I am sure a morning TV show used to be filmed in the gardens but I can not remember what one, I think it had Roland Rat in it.

The 4 times I went there before it was sold it was always clean and had a buzz that it just does not have now. Maybe its due to the fact I have now been to Disney and other places but that video just reminds me of how it was and what I miss in the place.

Alton was the UK's version of Disney its all we really had in terms of a good theme park. It really was like it is in that video.

I mouse was good I do remember it, shame it had to go really but tbh now days it would never cope with the number of visitors.

Oh yes, I've watched this several times, didn't think to post the link, I watched it on Towerstimes, great video, makes younger people like myself see what parks use to be like.

There is a program on now on ITV1 "Britain does the funniest things" which is like You've been framed, but the videos are based from Blackpool, and it is showing some of Blackpool Pleasure Beach.