What's new

Roller Coaster TV Programs and News Articles!

Skyye

Mega Poster
Dinner: Impossible, season 10 episode 1 takes place at cedar point, during the kickoff of the 150th celebration this year.

Matt N

CF Legend
Congratulations to him!

I thought Mark “Megafobia” Lewis had the highest Megafobia ride count, though?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'll never understand what would possess you to do that. On a **** cred, too!

Eh, each to their own I suppose.

davidm

Strata Poster
^ yeah watched that, was just awful (so I mostly watched it FFWD ;) )

I usually have time for all 3 of the comedians on it, but they were just being really awful ; grown adults pretending to be scared of coasters and riding them with their eyes shut because they were so scared - just pathetic. Was all a bit painful really.

They got a night ride on Wicker Man though - that looked nice on the TV.

Avoid.

Matt N

CF Legend
From what I can tell, it wasn’t really aimed at enthusiasts. Unlike a theme park documentary, I think this was intended to have a wider comedic appeal as opposed to being something where you actually learn stuff like an enthusiast might be interested in.

I watched it myself this morning, and I actually thought it was OK for an hour of light-hearted entertainment. Yes, you didn’t really learn anything, it wasn’t the most orientated around the rides, and I’ll admit that having never watched any of the comedians in there, I didn’t really get any of the “banter” between them, but as a bit of light-hearted entertainment, I thought it was OK.

Not my favourite theme park-related program I’ve ever watched by any stretch, but I don’t think the park itself was the focus here; I think it was more centred around the presenters and their antics. Taking it at face value as a comedy programme set within Alton Towers, I thought it was OK as an hour of light entertainment.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Netflix-MBC "The Hungry and The Hairy" episode 8 featured Draken at Gyeongju World. 2 Korean comedian bet who can keep their water in their mouth while riding Draken and Zamperla 360 frisbee. After the bet, the loser did penalty to get soaked by shoot the chute ride.
20211218_235541.jpg

20211218_235505.jpg20211218_235638.jpg

Last edited:

Smithy

Strata Poster
That Channel 4 thing at Alton was utterly dreadful as a programme - but was a brilliantly smart bit of marketing.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Building Oktoberfest and Olympia Looping assembly documentary

Just got pushed to me in my suggestions on Youtube, really enjoyed it, so came here to share it, only to find that you beat me to it.

If you haven't already watched this, do it, it's really really good. Well, apart from the compulsory effort to build tension from the narrator (nobody on that site looks in the slightest bit concerned they won't make it on time!) But that aside, it's a really good watch.

I enjoyed it from more than one aspect, the catering and beverage side of it was interesting to me too.

ALSO, that C4 show was utter s**te...

Christian

Hyper Poster
If you haven't already watched this, do it, it's really really good. Well, apart from the compulsory effort to build tension from the narrator (nobody on that site looks in the slightest bit concerned they won't make it on time!) But that aside, it's a really good watch.

Any documentary like this has those parts. It's just so pathetic.

I remember watching Ultimate Airport Dubai and the narrator would always mention the value of the plane and talk about the hundreds of millions of dollars while the staff where doing something so routine as marshalling or repairing something. These people are trained professionals. The risk of loosing that money is almost inexistent. Wonder who actually cares about these fabricated scenarios?

Keoper

Roller Poster
Any documentary like this has those parts. It's just so pathetic.

I remember watching Ultimate Airport Dubai and the narrator would always mention the value of the plane and talk about the hundreds of millions of dollars while the staff where doing something so routine as marshalling or repairing something. These people are trained professionals. The risk of loosing that money is almost inexistent. Wonder who actually cares about these fabricated scenarios?
Life isn't fair