What's new

Roller coaster suggestion

CoasterfanSWE

Roller Poster
Hello

I hope it is okay to post this, it is an Intamin double-LSM launched coaster I created as a "suggestion" for a smaller amusement park in my country. I used the Hershey Stormrunner coaster model for the design and the block brakes for a simulated LSM launch (I am uncertain whether there exist custom-made LSM launches, so those had to be used instead).

rct31.jpg

The first LSM launch track

rct34.jpg

The first inversion

rct32-1.jpg

I also created a video incorporating off-ride sequences of the whole layout and a frontseat on-ride clip.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX-xOPDDmrk[/youtube]

In case the video is unable to be viewed, the specifications of the coaster are as follows;

Track Length: 719 metres / 2358.9 ft
Max heigth: 15 metres / 49.2 ft
Max speed: 86 km/h / 53.44 MPH

Inversions: Two inline twists (heartline rolls)
Additional features: Two LSM launch tracks at 86 km/h / 53.44 MPH and 64 km/h / 39.77 MPH.

I am uncertain whether this qualifies for those forums or is good enough to be posted, if it isn't I will do my best to take appropriate actions.

Thank you in advance.

nealbie

CF Legend
I quite like it. It's pleasant and has a great realism vibe about it. Plus "natural" looking coasters always get bonus points from me (there's just something fab about roller coasters and pretty areas with trees and wood)!

CoasterfanSWE

Roller Poster
Thank you both for your comments.
Here is another for the same park.

rcd1.jpg

rcd2.jpg

rcd3.jpg

rcd4.jpg

rcd5.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhCjc1qVHKg[/youtube]

Specifications;

Track length: 1050 metres / 3444.88 ft
Max heigth: 22 metres / 72 ft
Max speed: 104 km/h / 64.5 MPH

Inversions: Zero-G roll and heartline twist
Additional features: Two LSM launch tracks at 93 km/h / 57.75 MPH
and 69 km/h / 42.8 MPH

Thank you in advance.

nealbie

CF Legend
Visually rather nice, but it just seems far too quick for me. Even upsettingly painful xD

The massive steep drop-off after the launch just looks an owie. Could just be me though.