What's new

RLRides Website

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Not sure if this is allowed in this forum, but its more of a portfolio than an actual website...?

But CF has always been where I share my work and I've just reached a stage where I have a number of projects I'm super proud of and I wanted to present them in a way Im unable to do on the forums and exchange sites. I've curated some high quality screens, the area music, POVs and an insight into the FVD design process along with downloads for each project. I want people who don't have NL2 to be able to experience these projects in the best way possible. I will continue to share the progress of my projects on these forums, but I thought I'd just share what I've done here for you guys to enjoy.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's beautifully presented, and I would have expected nothing less. :p

I'm not familiar with FVD - what does the green line represent? I notice it's nearly completely flat on most of the coasters, with just a few short humps here and there. For example:
yokai-fvd.jpg

Also a minor note, but you can also change the favicon on Squarespace - currently it's just the default but I expect you'd like something custom.

Finally there's definitely a clearance issue between the yellow and red tracks in your screenshot above. 1/10, so unrealistic. ;)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
It's beautifully presented, and I would have expected nothing less. :p

I'm not familiar with FVD - what does the green line represent? I notice it's nearly completely flat on most of the coasters, with just a few short humps here and there. For example:
yokai-fvd.jpg

Also a minor note, but you can also change the favicon on Squarespace - currently it's just the default but I expect you'd like something custom.

Finally there's definitely a clearance issue between the yellow and red tracks in your screenshot above. 1/10, so unrealistic. ;)

The green line is laterals, so you know wanna add a sprinkle of them to help with shaping and clearances and stuff. I'm currently learning how to make coasters using the geometric/time fuction which will make the forces a little less restrained.

Also whats a favicon?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The green line is laterals, so you know wanna add a sprinkle of them to help with shaping and clearances and stuff. I'm currently learning how to make coasters using the geometric/time fuction which will make the forces a little less restrained.
Ah cool, good stuff. I'm surprised some of those coasters are so flat on the green, but they're cracking coasters in the sim, so...!

These are favicons:
Address-bar-favicons-min.png

Squarespace lets you upload a custom one somewhere in one of the page settings menus. :)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Ah cool, good stuff. I'm surprised some of those coasters are so flat on the green, but they're cracking coasters in the sim, so...!

These are favicons:
Address-bar-favicons-min.png

Squarespace lets you upload a custom one somewhere in one of the page settings menus. :)

You design around the centre cars so the laterals creep in alot towards the front and the back of the trains, tats why you have to be gentle with them as those areas where they're added ontop can make the front and back rides quite violent.

Skyye

Mega Poster
Very cool! Whats with the extra track in FVD? like on aurora, the track seems to extend past the connection with the station. I'm assuming that its intentional?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh I had another question. What's the significance of the sections of green track in the 3D views from FVD?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Very cool! Whats with the extra track in FVD? like on aurora, the track seems to extend past the connection with the station. I'm assuming that its intentional?

Oh thats just me lining up the file with the starting point, most the time you don't know how you're gonna place the station and transfer and stuff so you get little pokey bits. I think most people line them up in NL with handbuilding, but I prefer the precision with FVD

Oh I had another question. What's the significance of the sections of green track in the 3D views from FVD?

Yeah I highlighted a section of track in each picture so you can get your bearings on what part of the graph corresponds to the track, and work your way around from that.