What's new

RCT3 Platinum

Josh73

Giga Poster
Hi guys,

I have Windows Vista, and I'm thinking of buying RCT3 Platinum for it. I could use it on my laptop, but it doesn't have as much memory. Anyway, bottom line is, Does RCT3 Platinum work on vista? I have heard a few tricks and stuff but I can't find any at the moment.

Thanks in advance guys!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Apparently it does, but there are a couple of issues with things like billboards and custom scenery.

Oddly, I installed Vanilla RCT3 onto my new laptop last night and it ran absolutely fine under Windows 7 without any effort.

My general advice though would be to ditch Vista and run XP instead :p

mouse

Giga Poster
I use it on Vista and it works fine, not sure about billboards and stuff though, might see if it works tonight.

alexr

Hyper Poster
I used it on Vista and Windows 7 and it works fine. Custom Scenery works fine and Billboards work fine, It's rather easy to fix it by just putting a my pictures in My documents as the game was designed for XP. Theres a tutorial on Youtube for it.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I've got RCT3 Platinum on Windows 7 and it works fine. Like whats been said, it is just the billboards that don't work.
Would like to see this tutorial thing as well.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
According to the rct3 platinum manual, XP is recommended, however it does work with

-Windows 98
-Windows me
-Windows 2000

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
My friend has deluxe and it's almost exactly the same...all deluxe is is turning the american stuff (eg currency) into English. I have platinum though and I don't think it makes any difference!

Buy the cheapest one!

300th post!:)