What's new

RCT3 HELP!

coastergeek14

Roller Poster
Hey there, this topic has probably been done before, but can you please help! My RCT3 won't work on my Windows 7 PC, and I've look on forums on the Atari website and stuff. Tried doing that service pack stuff, hasn't worked.
Do any of you guys no what I need to do so I can play it again?

Thank you!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I've never had a problem getting it to run on Windows 7, so it should be able to run.

A few questions (if you're able to answer them):
  • Have you installed all the latest Windows updates?
  • Are your graphics card drivers up to date?
  • Do you have the soaked or wild expansion packs?
  • Have you installed the latest patch for the game?
  • What do you mean by "won't work"? Are you getting a black screen? An error message? Does clicking on the icon just do nothing at all?

The more information we have, the better the chances of being able to pinpoint the cause.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^C'mon, you're going to have to give us a bit more to work with than that.

That sounds like it's wanting some sort of administrator privileges, but I don't know. Try and answer all of MouseAT's questions and I'm sure he'll be able to help further.

[edit - better, but still not as much info on the versions etc]

coastergeek14

Roller Poster
Okay, I have installed windows updates (my pc does that automaticly)

UPDATE: My game has apparently done some repairing and I am now reinstalling the game. Sorry for being so useless.

I have Wild and Soaked, not sure about graphic cards, whats the patch?, I am sometimes getting an error message.

SORRY guys. I am so useless, forgive me.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^You're not useless, we're just trying to be able to help as much as we can. There are quite a few members with RCT3 running on W7, so it's bound to have been a problem for others too. If they've fixed it, and you can share you problem fully, then we can try to help! :p

I don't have RCT3 on my laptop (which has W7), but the patch could be a patch to run it on W7 as it's an older game. Someone with a bit more knowledge will have to say for certain though. :D

reddude333

Giga Poster
I recall maybe having to get a patch on Atari for it. But honestly haven't really had any problems (except with billboards). I <3 my computer :-D