What's new

Rank the GCIs

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster
1. Thunderhead - Relentlessly long layout, incredibly smooth and great operations. Night rides are especially fun
2. Mystic Timbers - Pretty aggressive, but not as aggressive as Thunderhead. The shed is fine but when I was at KI, I was sitting on that brake run an awfully long time.
3. Texas Stingray - a tamed down version of the two above. I love the wave turn.
4. Gold Striker - There's a great ride underneath the rough exterior, but the shakes are a bit distracting. Still a solid ride. I'd love to ride it after a retrack, but I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.
5. Lightning Racer - you can tell this is an earlier GCI. Pacing isn't as refined as the newer GCI's I've ridden. The racing part is really fun.
6. Heide the Ride - I liked this ride more than White Lightning. The layout is similar but this ride is a bit smoother and has the little diorama at the end
7. White Lightning - fun coaster. The airtime is really neat. Great for rerides too, especially after a couple $2 beers from the Sky Bar
8. InvadR - this is one of those coasters that gets better and better the more you ride. It doesn't do much but it does pack a nice punch for something its size for sure. I do wish the station had more elaborate theming like Cobra's Curse and I wish BGW didn't clear cut the forest behind, but I'm glad to have this little coaster in my backyard.
9. Roar - much like Lightning Racer before it, Roar feels like an early GCI. The ride isn't bad by any means, but the layout does need some refining.
10. Wildcat - My first time riding this, there were potholes at the bottom of every hill. The ride doesn't really have many standout moments except for the seal brakes at the end. I remember the ride losing speed and meandering to the brakes. Wildcat's Revenge is a definite improvement over the original
11. Gwazi - Worst coaster I've ever ridden. I don't think the Flyers helped it much. I just remember getting rattled hard and hitting bad potholes at the bottom of most of the drops. I was happy to see it closed down as anything is better than this headache machine. Iron Gwazi is a massive improvement for sure.

I had to chuckle that the GCI credits that you and I have in common are in the same order and your 4th and my 5th which appears to be the cutoff point between great and less than great are both there due to roughness. Probably not that uncommon, but I digress.