What's new

Rage Voted UK Number1

Ollie

CF Legend
So because out of 3 coasters ridden on a Blue Peter episode it scared a single person the most it becomes the best ride in the UK?

**** that for an accurate vote.

nealbie

CF Legend
It's wasn't a public vote Marc, it was the Blue Peter presenter choosing it over Colossus and Kumali :lol:

marc

CF Legend
Ok I read it wrong lol.

I would have picked Colossus out them 3 tbh but thats me.

But what better way to advertise the ride though, loads of kids watch Blue Peter. But what makes me laugh a bit is the fact that a theme park would not call Colossus and Kumali family coaster, which is their target viewers.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Lol, some of the comments below the article make me laugh! Somebody put something about Rita being so quick it gives you no chance to think. I'm considering putting back because it bores the **** out of you :p

Mike

Giga Poster
In a poll out of Kumali, Collosus and Rage, the latter wins every time.
I reckon the presenter chose Rage because it gave him the least amount of pain out of the three. :p

Also, don't forget the this Echo is for people in Southend, Rayleigh and Basildon...
Hardly the most intellectual places in Britain! :lol:

Mark

Strata Poster
The echo was juts the people reporting it... not the ones who did the "poll".

I nearly died of laughter when Marc told me about this!

Hurri

Mega Poster
Rage was deemed the most exciting/thrilling based on presenter Andy Akinwolere's response to each one, tested by heart rate, facial expressions, sweat and various other factors.

Some photos from when they filmed it here if you're interested...

Emmett

Giga Poster
Didn't Blue Peter do something like this in 2007 with Stealth, Speed and 2 other coasters I can't remember. I think they were measuring heart rates etc. too back then, but can't remember the results. I just remember that Welsh presenter on Stealth bricking himself and nearly backing out of going on it.

Rach

Giga Poster
^Yeah, they done something similar with Speed, Stealth, Oblivion and PMBO.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swpGnn7pw8Y[/youtube]

Incase anyone missed Rage being voted #1 out of Kumali and Colossus, here it is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM8GET0f6rU[/youtube]

Ben

CF Legend
lol, I like how they didn't say "Kumali sucks" specifically, but, that's what they meant.

And I'd pick Rage out of those three.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
Its not even the best Eurofighter ;)

But seriously that Blue Peter experi-'mental' thing lacks so much ecological validity. For one thing they only tested one person on three rides, so to say that Rage is the most intense is a bit of an overstatement. Secondly, I bet hundreds of people would disagree. I think Colossus is more intense than Rage and Kumali put together, so I think its hilarious it won.
I like the fact that Blue Peter is obsessed with UK theme parks, but cummon guys what a stupid experiment :L

Here's one I made earlier... ;)

Dave

CF Legend
CoasterKing said:
thing lacks so much ecological validity.

Someone does psychology ;)

Its just very subjective thats all as its based on his reaction to the ride, and not every reacts the same.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
The equipment they used didn't look very accurate either. All three of the coasters are pretty crap. Colossus 'eats other coasters up' I mean wtf? And both Rage and Kumali are fairly poor. They should have tested better more 'well known' coasters to make it more interesting. I wonder how many people will flock to ride Rage after seeing that?

Dave

CF Legend
But at the end of the day no one cares about us enthusiasts, its good publicity for Southend was probably used to promote Southend for the Easter Holiday.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
We all know it's bollocks, but some decent publicity for a small park can only be a good thing really.

marc

CF Legend
Rage is busy anyway, the park has been packed since it was opened it done wonders for the park. Over The Hill has also got rave reviews.