What's new

Queue Time Displays

During my Disney and Universal visits, I find them to be fairly accurate.

I actually disagree with this, at least on the Disney front. When we went, they were advertising 60 minutes for the princesses, meanwhile I was done with both princess lines in 15 minutes. Seven Dwarves was also advertised with a 75 minute wait, which was about half that. This was amongst other attractions with posted wait times way higher than what the line actually was.

I also agree with whoever said it, that I sometimes get the feeling it's a ploy to upsell.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
I actually disagree with this, at least on the Disney front. When we went, they were advertising 60 minutes for the princesses, meanwhile I was done with both princess lines in 15 minutes. Seven Dwarves was also advertised with a 75 minute wait, which was about half that. This was amongst other attractions with posted wait times way higher than what the line actually was.

I also agree with whoever said it, that I sometimes get the feeling it's a ploy to upsell.
Let me also add my last trip to Disney was after labor day so peak dead period.

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
During my Disney and Universal visits, I find them to be fairly accurate.
Generally yeah, although I feel like Disney will sometimes artificially inflate queue times to put people off sometimes, at least in Florida anyway. Always noticed certain rides would suddenly have huge queue times towards the end of the day, and we'd risk it and the queues would often be half the displayed time.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I found Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure to massively over-report. Across all my rides on Hagrid's, the posted queue time was between 3 and 4 times what I actually queued, and I quickly learned that if the queue doesn't extend to the outside portion, it isn't going to exceed 30 minutes. All the while the posted time ready 85min or 120min.
Universal Osaka, too. On my last visit, every major attraction was posting times at least double the actual wait.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Both tbh! Black Mamba shows 15 minutes but was actually an hour, meanwhile FLY showed as 60 minutes at times but was actually about 35.
I had a totally different experience this week when I went there. I noticed Black Mamba was always at least 10 minutes less wait than it's advertised time. River Quest also seemed way less, advertised at 45 mins and only waited 15. Most of the other queues seemed very accurate this week but it could have just been a lucky time to go? 😂