What's new

Premier Launched Coaster - Trans Studio Indonesia

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This new premier coaster is essentially a scaled down Mr Freeze.
Looks like it should be a brilliant shopping mall coaster :)

prem1.jpg

prem2.jpg

prem5.jpg

prem6.jpg

More here
http://www.vhcoasters.com

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It looks like a pretty fun ride. I'll be honest, I really hate the look of Premier's new trains, but if they don't put anything on the front, I'd have no problem with them. That's basically a rolling platform with seats on it.

michaellll

Mega Poster
jeez, any train I like happens to be hated by you guys. They're just.......so open 0.0

and i really like these premier coasters. I just wish more (of a different design) were being built in america, or at least somewhere in Europe.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
There's open and then there's not bothering with anything. This is the latter.

michaellll

Mega Poster
hey, that's why they're going for. w/e. very industrial. I don't think they look right with the yellow track and black supports though.

nadroJ

CF Legend
The trains remind me of shopping trolleys XD

I agree with Ed, the colour is fab <3 And I like launchy things so yay for there being another one in existence =]

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well the coaster is now open:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3NWJwdr4DY[/youtube]

yamaha_racing_coaster_si.jpg

yamaha_racing_coaster--transstudiobandung.jpg

Premier Rides’ newest high tech thrill ride, the Yamaha Racing Coaster, has opened in Bandung, Indonesia at the new Trans Studio Indoor Theme Park which has just had its grand opening. The new theme park is the largest indoor facility of its type in the world and Premier designed, built, and supervised installation of the signature attraction of the park. The Yamaha Racing Coaster is a 50 meter tall launch coaster that uses magnetic drive technology to slingshot riders from zero to over 100 kilometers per hour in just over two seconds. The coaster features multiple inversions and a vertical zero G spike that gives the sensation that riders will be shot off the end of the track.

Jim Seay, president of Premier, noted “The Yamaha Racing Coaster is one of the most advanced technology attractions we have built and we are certainly honored to have had the opportunity to export such an amazing piece of equipment to Trans Studio, the entertainment leader in Indonesia. It is amazing to watch the ride in action especially where the five ton train loaded with riders is lifted vertically to a height of 50 meters with only a powerful magnetic wave touching the train.”

Chairul Tanjung, the CEO of Para Group, the parent organization of Trans Studio, commented “We wanted to make a strong statement to our guests that we were bringing the best and most innovative attractions to Trans Studio Bandung and with Premier’s Yamaha Racing Coaster, we now have one of the fastest and most thrilling coasters in the world.”

Seay added, “The ride is the calling card to the elaborate park standing in front of the facility with a giant ten meter tall sign adorning the imposing structure. At night, spotlights bathe the structure which can be seen for miles around. Guests who ride the attraction actually board indoors in a highly themed environment that highlights the accomplishments of Yamaha motorcycle racing and the racing theme is integrated into the ride experience.”

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewto ... g#p1057311

michaellll

Mega Poster
No surprise that the trains are moterbikes. They look pretty good that way.

I really want to ride one of these. Launches and inverted top hats seem like my kinda thing.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Agreed on both counts. I like the fact you get to properly free-fall back down the tower, not like on some of the shuttle coasters where there's a kinda lift section at the top.

Looks fun.

Nic

Strata Poster
Oooooh, ok! Not quite what I was expecting.

Now, I <3 Speed in Vegas, so I'd prob <3 this. However, if you're celebrating the aforementioned coaster's demise, I suggest you give this a wide birth.

PS. Those trains are weird. Basically an X-Car with half a motorbike stuck to the front? Eugh, just no!

Xpress

Strata Poster
Could have sworn Yamaha is blue, not yellow. Old school Yamaha is yellow, new is not. Unless they wanted to combine both?

Whatever the reason, it looks like fun. That level turn is SCREAMING fast. <3

mrTik10

Roller Poster
That's Yamaha Racing Coaster in Trans Studio Bandung. Trans Studio Bandung itself is a indoor theme park owned by TRANSMEDIA. The indoor themepark is one of the newest theme park in Indonesia. The name 'YAMAHA RACING COASTER' comes from the ride is sponsored by Yamaha :)