What's new

Photo TR: Old Town & Fun Spot USA!

A

Anonymous

Today one of my roommates & I decided to be sad & pathetic credit whores. We went to Old Town & Fun Spot USA in Kissimmee, Florida to get some credits. I needed the Wacky Worm in Old Town & the Kiddie Coaster in Fun Spot & he needed all 3. We both had work until 7:30 so we ended up getting there around 9:30. We also wanted to check out the Sky Coaster since I've always wanted to ride it & he never rode one before. When we first arrived we were shocked on how run down & creepy the place & the guests who visited looked. I didn't remember it being this ghetto when I visited it way back in 2001. So our plan was to ride the credits, ride the sky coaster, & leave as quickly as possible. Our first ride was the Wacky Worm. It was an embarrassing run but I didn't care. It was my 293rd credit. Next we rode Wind Storm. It was decent. I rode it back in the day so it was nothing new. Following Wind Storm we rode the Sky Coaster. It was awesome! I don't think it is worth the $35 but since I don't want to go to that creepy place again we said why not & gave it a go. The last thing we did was credit 294 the Kiddie Coaster at Fun Spot USA. Unlike the 2 laps on the Wacky Worm we had to endure this one was 7! At least nobody was around & I sat in the back & got a pop of airtime Well I only took a few pics with my phone because I didn't trust bringing my $500 cameras to this place. Enjoy:

SNC00403.jpg

Welcome to Ghetto Town! I mean Old Town!

SNC00399.jpg

First credit of the new year #293 the Wacky Worm!

SNC00400.jpg

Wind Storm was ok.

SNC00398.jpg

Heading over to Fun Spot USA!

SNC00397.jpg

This was pretty cool.

SNC00402.jpg

Credit #294!

Thanks for reading. Here is a video of us on Sky Coaster:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlPQJUESQao[/youtube]

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Glad you got to enjoy the 'atmosphere' that is Old Town & Fun Spot, but I wouldn't exactly call it ghetto. Aidan & I have been to a lot worse & we had a great time there back in November, but we didn't do the kiddie coasters. We mostly just rode the go-karts, along with the Sky Wheel, Cobra & Wind Storm. We bought wristbands since they had a buy-one-get-one-free offer & spent about 5 hours there having a blast. They even gave us 2 coupons for free wristbands the next time we go back, but we'll probably use them at the Fun Spot in Orlando, which isn't as 'ghetto'. :lol:

A

Anonymous

^Thanks. That wasn't even with my HD cameras. My next TR will be Busch Gardens Africa completely in HD.