What's new

Phanny ERT

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Hallo lovelies.

We’re heading to Phantasialand for the Queens Jubilee weekend (2-5 June).

Does anyone know if they’re still offering hotel guests ERT? We’re booked in to Hotel Charles Lindberg for a couple of nights and it would be a super mega bonus.

Ta.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
ERT... Gone
Free hotel fast tracks... Reduced
Black Mamba on the free fast track... Gone

Price... Gone up!

I'll be staying elsewhere next time, lovely H+ in the town... :)

(Sorry for hijacking the thread, been meaning to have this rant and this seemed like the perfect place...)

TilenB

Strata Poster
Yeah, afaik you only get a fast pass for FLY (and some nice photo ops of Rookburgh) if you're staying at Lindbergh, so we opted for staying somewhere in Bruhl when we visited earlier this week.
Also, the single rider queues are gone for the time being, but hopefully they'll return before long.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Yeah, afaik you only get a fast pass for FLY (and some nice photo ops of Rookburgh) if you're staying at Lindbergh, so we opted for staying somewhere in Bruhl when we visited earlier this week.
Also, the single rider queues are gone for the time being, but hopefully they'll return before long.
That’s right.

The single rider queue on Taron has been turned into a paid fast track queue, don’t count on it returning.

If you stay in the other hotels you now only get 2 rides per person, and it no longer includes Mamba.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
That’s right.

The single rider queue on Taron has been turned into a paid fast track queue, don’t count on it returning.

If you stay in the other hotels you now only get 2 rides per person, and it no longer includes Mamba.
Shame on Phantasialand. You can still manage single riders from a fast track queue, if you want to. Such a money-grabbing move.

I am all for supporting parks, especially after the pandemic, but some of them are cutting costs and taking away benefits even though their attendance numbers might be close to the ones before the pandemic, at least in 2022.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The single rider queue still exists. There are two doors on the right of the entrance and 4 gates into the station (first row, main queue, quick pass and single rider). The infrastructure for quick pass has existed since day 1 and is now only being used. The doors/gates for single rider remain shut for the time being. Both can co-exist as was always planned.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The single rider queue still exists. There are two doors on the right of the entrance and 4 gates into the station (first row, main queue, quick pass and single rider). The infrastructure for quick pass has existed since day 1 and is now only being used. The doors/gates for single rider remain shut for the time being. Both can co-exist as was always planned.
Strange, I went to walk straight into the old single rider line only to find out it was now quick pass… The screen above it has been changed to quick pass too.

Interestingly media reports I’ve seen (such as parkerlebnis.de) suggest it has replaced single rider too.

I do remember a 3rd gate, to the right of the single rider gate, but I had thought it was a dummy, as I can only remember 3 entrances to the actual batching area (FR, Regular, and Single rider.) I’m also (fairly) certain it was the actual single rider door and queue line that they were using for quickpass. Though I could have remembered wrong, or may have jumped to this conclusion on the day due to the screen etc being changed.

I’ll be back again soon, so I’ll take a wander down the quick pass. No doubt I’ll need to use quick pass if the weather is nice and the SRQ is closed anyway…

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The main walkway to the station from the entrance building is shared by the lines but at the station it is two separate short queues and gates for each - despite both having not yet been used simultaneously.

Why Single Rider isn't used yet is likely corona still. F.L.Y.'s also hasn't yet been put into use. Europa Park also haven't brought them back yet.

Will

Strata Poster
Ugh. Slightly misplaced rant, but I thought PL were one of the few parks left not to bother with this Fastpass bollocks, so that's disappointing news :(
A few perks for hotel guests is fine - and obviously, having a single rider line is no issue, but otherwise it will play hell with the German efficiency we all know and love.

That will be particularly noticeable with FLY since it's already something of an undertaking to be allowed onto that ride's platform...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm fairly certain that the park have offered a Fastpass system since my first visit in 2015. And until pre-Covid, passholders would get 3 free passes every visit. Taron didn't have it for so long since it was the big new thing and they didn't want it negatively effecting operations.

So I don't think it's anything new or something that will have major consequences.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I'm fairly certain that the park have offered a Fastpass system since my first visit in 2015. And until pre-Covid, passholders would get 3 free passes every visit. Taron didn't have it for so long since it was the big new thing and they didn't want it negatively effecting operations.

So I don't think it's anything new or something that will have major consequences.
All of this is true.

4 ride quick pass for 15EUR was available at Guest services near the wave swinger / Maus, and the hotel receptions.

Passholders got free quick pass.

And hotel guests got free quick pass too.

My only issue with it is the reduction in hotel perks, and the fact that mamba is now a premium option (whether buying QP or getting it free from the hotel.)

Last edited:

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
ERT on Taron was a huge incentive to book a hotel.

One morning it was hammering down with rain for the entire hour and it was absolutely flying around the course. Got about 11 rides in back to back - 100% worth forking out for Hotel Bing Lao.

If ERT was a thing at the moment I'm not sure it would be worth the cost for an hour on F.L.Y. Its not as re-ridable as Taron.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Thanks so much for your replies- sorry for the delay, I didn’t get any notifications you had replied!!!

Sucky that they’re not offering ERT, we’ve been twice (Matamba and Ling Bao), mostly because the ERT was so bloody epic, v sad it’s not being offered anymore. Weep.