What's new

P-p-pick up a penny!

Picking up loose change...

• Yes, I pick up all the coins I find.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I pick up high value coins, not the low value ones.

• Nah, I ain't no scav.

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Whilst walking my dog, she did a turd. As a responsible dog owner, I picked up the poo (in a carrier bag, not with my hands) and a few feet away I noticed a 2p coin.

I picked up the 2p coin, put it in my pocket , took it home and lovingly put it in my change jar.

It was wet so it had been rained or pissed on, therefore it had been there a while so that's not stealing imo.

Do you pick-up-and-pocket coins (not notes (US: bills)) if you find them deserted in the street? (So yes, I'm talking about coins, not notes!)

I've noticed in recent economic times that I've seen less of them lying around. Especially in London.

In Portsmouth I remember seeing them quite a lot, must be a southern thing?

Ben said:
Only if they're bigger than 10p, got to have SOME dignity :p

This :lol:

Though I obviously always look around to see if I can spot the person who may have dropped it ;)

No as I once went to and it was stuck to the floor and people were probably laughing at me.

I pick up all change because every cent counts, especially when taxes will be increasing... :x

Also, found a lucky dollar once blowing in the field, kept it in my wallet for a good six years, though its beat up. Still lucky.

I normally throw away my 1, 2 and 5p coins... Unless there's one of those penny pusher machines very close by. :p
I only pick up money if it's higher than a 5p.

I pick up anything 10p or higher really, but I do have a go at people who throw 1p's etc on the floor. They could save it up :p

I think me picking up 1, 2 and 5p's would make me look like a tramp.

If you can't pick up a penny, you're not worth a penny.

If you want to make money in life, you have to value it, however small it may be.

Yup. It's my main source of income. ;)

I do, it's wasteful otherwise...

I only usually pick it up if it's 10p or more. Sometimes if I'm feeling a bit poor I pick up 5p's as well. :lol:

20p and upwards, yes, as long as there aren't too many people around.

This has reminded of "the gyppo test" that my friend and I devised in primary school when we about 9. At breaks, we used to roll a penny onto the infants' side of the yard. The kid who picked it up would then be a gyppo. Very entertaining. Some "gyppos" would run after it across the yard, while others would look about cautiously to make sure nobody was looking before cementing their gyppo status.

I don't tend to look at the ground when i'm walking around. So no. I keep all spare change I get though.

I pick up whatever I see, usually.

Now if I drop something, particularly a penny, I don't bother picking it up.

It doesn't make sense.

Usually I only pick up quarters, but if I see the occasional dime I may (because all I see are pennies and nickels).