What's new

Opinions on energylandia

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
Hello there, don't post much on here but I think this is an important outlet to discuss this. Visited energylandia in polish school trip season unknowingly so loads of kids who where obviously going to act up (although far less than British kids)

The park seemed to lack major safety checks, the hyperion 'loose article' was an inaccurate gimmick and felt more like a way of forcing people to use lockers. The final queue room there was no staff, so there was a fair bit of crushing going on for what is a poor queue layout. Not to mention queue jumping is almost encouraged.

Restraint checking was far from consistent with my restraint not even being checked on hyperion and formula, although was stappled effectively on zadra. On the water rides it was normal to see kids reaching over putting there hands in the water almost leaning out the vehicle to splash water which completely unfazed the ride operators.

Queue jumping was the worst I've ever seen because of how badly the queues are designed and the removal of single rider, on many occasion you'd see groups of even 4 or 5 completely go past, even right infront of staff they didn't care.

Finally to note its the first major theme park in europe I've been to where there no security at all in the park or at the front. Luckily polish youth seem to be far more sensible than what can only be described as one of the worst places on earth which will the British theme parks will be next week.

James F

Hyper Poster
The queue jumping is also my main gripe with Energylandia and there is nothing you can do about it with how wide the queue lines are. The only thing that made it slightly more tolerable than a park like Port Aventura was the good operations.

The locker situation could be better, I had zipper pockets so I could put everything in there without any issues, but it's annoying when parks force you to especially pay an upcharge to ride a coaster.

I would love to see more trees and landscaping in the park, but I understand that this takes time, some shade would go a long way during the summer.

Last edited:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I thought the lockers were great. Just a couple of quid for the whole day to use any/all of them across the park. I wish more parks had it. I'd much rather do that than leave stuff on the platform.

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
The locker systems where after all a charge and not free but that's not my issue at all and I think lockers is what they do right. It just seems that the safety standards make me worry me may see an accident there someday simply because dangerous behaviour was never challenged

maxjones322

Roller Poster
The lockers encourage queue jumping with their areas essentially being open areas at the end of a queue line. They were cheap which was good but I have never found putting your bag in a hold next to a coaster bad enough to change. I would even say it barely effects the ride operations in my experience, maybe a couple of seconds longer per train.

In regards to the safety, there were many kids standing on the rapids and making them swing through the water, those kids would get a "don't do that" but that was about it. Water rides are not to be messed about with and I hope the staff clamp down on this. I would hate to see an incident at the park.

Energylandia as a theme park reminds me of the theme parks I would make in RCT. Little care regarding the actual park but filling it with incredible coasters. I do think I will return, Zadra is just too good to miss out on.

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
The lockers encourage queue jumping with their areas essentially being open areas at the end of a queue line. They were cheap which was good but I have never found putting your bag in a hold next to a coaster bad enough to change. I would even say it barely effects the ride operations in my experience, maybe a couple of seconds longer per train.

In regards to the safety, there were many kids standing on the rapids and making them swing through the water, those kids would get a "don't do that" but that was about it. Water rides are not to be messed about with and I hope the staff clamp down on this. I would hate to see an incident at the park.

Energylandia as a theme park reminds me of the theme parks I would make in RCT. Little care regarding the actual park but filling it with incredible coasters. I do think I will return, Zadra is just too good to miss out on.
Spot on, except that the staff didn't even tell them off when I was there, I'm just scared with the lack of attention to safety that we are so used to in parks throughout Britain and Germany it was abit of a shock to see such a relaxed attitude, I really enjoyed the park I just hope that a major incident doesn't halt its progress.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
We went when it was quite quiet but I completely agree with the crazy queue systems. It felt like no one really cared if some groups pushed past and there were very few staff about anyway.

Overall I thought the whole park was a bit of a shambles. Zadra is a great ride and the area for that looks ok, but there's so much weird theming around the park (even when it's done a bit better like the Abyssus area it's still soulless and kind of empty). So many areas just looked like someone had ordered whatever the cheapest theming in a catalogue was, even if it was multiples of the same thing like all those weird wasp statues.