What's new

"Omega" Intamin Giga [Complete].

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Intamin.png

Blaze

Hyper Poster
So here we have 4 rail, and a tall spiralling drop, so I am thinking accelerator coaster.

Am I right?

Brookes

Giga Poster
Looks good, would like to see more of the layout. Looks nice and twisty, but there's a long train, so maybe it's a mega coaster with a twist (see what I did there :wink:)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Brookes said:
Looks good, would like to see more of the layout. Looks nice and twisty, but there's a long train, so maybe it's a mega coaster with a twist (see what I did there :wink:)

I did, but, you're wrong.

A

Anonymous

Would it by chance be an immpression of the new ride at Kings Dominion or is that just good timing?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
^ No. But I wanted to make a Giga due to the announcement of that. It's going to be a Millennium Force style coaster with lots of speed, and low to the ground turns, BUT with more airtime than MF.

A

Anonymous

Sounds great so far! i apporve of the airtime. And i really like that first drop!!! cant wait to see more!

Xpress

Strata Poster
BT: This wasn't all that great. Pumping everywhere, and the turns going into the hillas, and visa versa, didn't have a consistent radii, so it went from a high g-force to a low g-force, then spiked back up really quickly. The pacing was good. The drop was fun. The excessive force spiking up to 6.1 (I'm on a pc running 100fps) and -1.6 on the hills was painful though. You really have to try to keep the forces under control. 4.8 would probably be the max I would use for a ride like this, and -1.2. Support work was pretty decent, except on the rediculously steep lift hill, which seemed lacking.

A: Pretty good here. Loved how you went right into the twisting drop, but it would have been better going the other way, instead of turning to the right. The forces, like I said, got to an uncomfortably paintful poit, so again, try to keep them under control ;) Also, a lof of the ground hugging stuff, that I liked.

O: A decent Giga coaster, just needs some improvement, such as pumping.

7.5/10