What's new

Not Quite as Empty as Planned Thorpe - 16th September 2009

nealbie

CF Legend
(Apologies in advance for a lack of pictures, but I'm pretty sure y'all know what Thorpe looks like by now... :wink: )

So Peter and I headed out to what we assumed would be a pretty dead Thorpe yestserday. Only to find that the car park was almost completely flooded for some strange reason (perhaps the result of a fat boat on Tidal Wave?).

However, ROT prospered and managed to make it's way round to a space which included un-enthusiastic employee whom I suggested would probably be better off face down in the giant lake in the car park. Un-enthusiastic employee did not heed my good natured advice and decided to remain un-enthusiastic.

Peter needed to use Toilets: The Ride :)pottytrain5:) and I needed to get access to the "Free Cash" machine. Unfortunately, this sign was misleading and I had to in fact take money from my account (not to be given free monies :( ).

Proceedings then took us to the Annual Pass entrance gate, where Thorpe reached an entirely new level of fail in requiring you to have a "re-entry" stamp, to get into the park in the first place. Silly Thorpe :roll:

After they belatedly opened the gates at 10:07! We walked all the way to Tidal Wave yet still managed to be in the lead of the few people making their way to Stealth, practially everyone else had gone to Saw (silly people, although this may have been in part down to me speaking very loudly to Peter about Saw being open today :p).

However, out of the corners of our eyes we spied a couple of GP and decided to take action on this. A F1esque battle then emerged between myself and Peter, which I won thanks to Schumacherlike manoeuvres. :car32: :car30: Speed is not required when you can weave dangerously infront of people :).

So we had managed to obtain front row of the first ride of the day, we were most pleased with ourselves in a sad coaster enthusiast sort of way, therefore we proceeded to ensure that we didn't look so enthusiastic about the situation. :silent::silent:

After a couple of goes on Chavland's 200ft penis we headed over to Inferno to discover more evidence to suggest that a fat boat had indeed been deployed on Tidal Wave! Neal, being the silly person that he is, misjudged just how deep said queueline lake was and his feet got aptly moist. :(

Logger's somehow happened next (Peter claims it was my idea, but I beg to differ :lol: ). Wet times from Thorpe are NOT amusing. You even got drowned on the airtime bounce of the drop! Thankfully the distinct lack of chavs meant no-one was manning the water cannons *wipes forehead and says "phew"*.

Next was the amusing moment of the day, Rumba Rapids part 1! coming soon.......... :happy1:

Tomatron

Giga Poster
There you are! :--D

8934_280508475436_766490436_8940398_5214899_n.jpg