What's new

New Unnamed Park

reddude333

Giga Poster
Tomahawk, I like it. Thanks Venom. And yeah, for sure gonna put more scenery around the log flume but I'm, still not sure what other rides I want to put around it so for now I'll wait.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Well, as I have said in at least a couple posts previous, the only custom anything I'm using is supports, in my last update I was referring to everything else. And the dueling stations just required messing with the option.txt file, no CS.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yes, I will post POVs on youtube and put them on this thread as well as make a video for the whole park...all in good time :)

reddude333

Giga Poster
Time for a GIANT update! I am very excited to share the newest major expansion to the park, Splash Nation, a water park for all ages and thrill levels.

Here's the water park's main entrance (for those who have water park admission only). As you can see many of the amenities are available just inside before entering the actual pool complex.
NewPark28.png

This is the wave pool. I know, it doesn't look like one now but by the time guests start coming in the wave machine will be all warmed up and ready to go.
NewPark30.png

And now for the main pool building which is surrounded by a lazy river accessible from nearly any point on its route. And what's that in the back? You will find out soon enough.
NewPark29.png

This is the alternate entrance for guests coming from the main park who have automatic admission to Splash Nation.
NewPark31.png

A closer look shows that the main pool building is double tiered and has a couple body slides coming from the top level.
NewPark32.png

From below (looking toward the main entrance) you can see that the slides curl around and into the pool on the bottom.
NewPark33.png

And of course no water park is complete without a speed slide tower. This one is inspired by Velocity Peak at Silverwood Theme Park. These slides drop 90 feet reaching speeds of over 50mph!
NewPark34.png

The final two slides at Splash Nation are an H[sub]2[/sub]O (toilet) bowl slide and a clover-leaf family raft slide.
NewPark35.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yes, I can see them all fine. Try refreshing the page a few times, if not, just come back a bit later. Sometimes browsers have a funny spell! :p

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, should just be a temporary mishap. Hope you got it figured out. Btw, what do you think of the park Hixee?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well I've not really played RCT3 in... 5 years?! It's been ages, but from a non-technical point of view I think it looks alright.

The whole thing feels a little blocky and exposed. The building (with the indoor water park) is nice, but the other slides feel a little like they've just been plonked down. Even some trees and maybe a bit of a hillside might make it look a bit better. I think the design of the slides looks OK too.

So yeah, can't add an awful lot else, but it looks good. I just think it might need to look a bit more refined.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Lmao there is no way that you could support a pool above another pool with just 4 supports in real life :p
Other than that the water park looks sick!

reddude333

Giga Poster
^^ I realize that some of it looks a bit barren for now but that is mainly due to the fact that nothing is finished yet and I still haven't made all my decisions on where all of the other attractions will be. So trees will be added...hillside, questionable at this point. Once you start messing with terrain changes in RCT3 things can get quite messy. Thanks for the input though

^ Well, yeah, and I realize that but I haven't finished it yet. Plus I added in some supports since taking those pictures but I hadn't at that point :-\

reddude333

Giga Poster
Sorry for the lack of updates but I have had contests as well as life getting in the way of working on this park. However, before I stopped working on it for a bit I had added a new coaster that I didn't post because I wasn't sure if I wanted to use custom supports. I decided against because I figure suspended coasters usually have similar supports to the RCT3 default.

In light of Hixee's constructive criticism I decided to give the park some terrain remodeling. Witch Mountain, the park's suspended coaster, is placed on a large hill near the Southeast corner of the park.
NewPark36.png

The backstory for the ride surrounds a house on the top of a hill. The most distinct feature of the house was its blood-red door. When children started vanishing from the surrounding areas it was rumored that the witch that lived in the house on the hill would kill the children and bury them on her property, using their blood to paint her door. Those who dare to venture to the house (the rider's) have no idea what they have gotten themselves into.
NewPark37.png

The coaster features two helices on the mountainside.
NewPark38.png

Witch Mountain concludes with a high-speed flight just above the water of a pond at the base of the hill.
NewPark39.png

reddude333

Giga Poster
Thanks :-D No POV currently although I will at some point. Still having issues with using video recorded in-game in movie maker. Not sure if I will have to use a different program but I would really like to do a mash-up featuring all of the coasters in the park.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Thanks. And I'd like to keep posting although it helps if I'm getting comments and feedback (like what you did). :)

mouse

Giga Poster
The park is looking really nice so far, with some great coasters.
I think you need to cover the area around it with trees and terrain/scenery to make it more realistic, like the suspended coaster, which looks great.
Anyway, brilliant park, with a nice 'natural' feel to it. :)

reddude333

Giga Poster
^ Thank you and I definitely agree about needing to add more foliage. I guess I just wanted to make sure I had planned out the space for rides first. But it's past that in some places so it does need some work.