What's new

New....erm.....rides, for Fantasy Island....

Martyn B

CF Legend
Right, to cut a long story short, last year Fantasy Island leased some of their land to a showman, who plonked his Waltzers down for 3/4 of the season, it was a success, so they've decided to do it again, but apparently they'll be bringing more rides than just the Waltzers...

Now for the possible stupidity, they might not be included in the wristbands, I say that because they weren't last year. Thus creating competition for themselves.

Now we all know leasing land for traders to pitch their own rides can work (some parks in Europe do this), but this is Fantasy Island, they dont do things normally (after all, it took 14 years for them to introduce wristbands).

To me it would make perfect sense to have these new rides included in the wristbands and to place them next to where Amazing Confusion and Jubilee Odyssey are, so there are more rides in that area of the park, as there are currently only 2/3 and that area becomes very unpopular at night.

Simples yes? But this is Fantasy Island, so I wont get my hopes up...

Novas

Mega Poster
Urg sounds awful.

I used to enjoy FI as a kid, whatever happened to those plans a good few years back that showed them building another two giant piramids with a transit system and all manor of amazing dreamland crap. :p

Where exactly was this land last year? Was it gated off away from the main park or could you literally stroll from FI into this area without realising?

yinyang

Mega Poster
Fantasy island, what a bloody waste of time and scary place to be with the chavs and primatives living in a dank village under millenium force.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Hey, I think thats being a bit to harsh about the locals! Nothing wrong with them.

And its Millennium Coaster, not Force. BIG difference.

Novas

Mega Poster
I don't mind FI for much the same reason as I enjoy my trips to BPB: They are some of the few theme parks you can get ****faced in. :)