What's new

National Novel Writing Month: Progression! Day 1

Error

Strata Poster
Evening all.

Many of you may be wondering why I'm up at 2am. I can't tell you what I was doing before I got home, but involved a bit of heavy exercise.

However, I'll be remain awake now and starting my writing challenge: 50,000 by midnight, November 30th. Or, for those who love math, 1,667 words a day.

I'll be posting my progress daily, maybe with some snigbits every so often. Wish me luck!

Day 0: 0 words

peep

CF Legend
Good luck!

Do you have to write about a particular subject or just about anything you want?

Error

Strata Poster
peep said:
Good luck!

Do you have to write about a particular subject or just about anything you want?

No, just a novel in the time period. Some people are doing erotics...but I care not to read them.

Day 1
I started early in the morning, roughly 2am (I was busy with, erm, exercising...), and had fallen a bit behind some others. I only got to 237 words before going to sleep.

After waking up, I had continued working, skipping over the party downstairs in exchange for silence. The only noise I wanted to hear was the classics of composers long since dead, and the furious fumble of fingers to keys. I ended up staying up until 1am, with various distractions. But, had exceeded my daily goal.

Goal: 1,667
Actual: 2,679

Percentage (Of Average): 104%

And here's the book cover for it, created about a week ago:
discount%20small.png

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
"Discount Religion"...sounds intriguing.

What's it about then?

Error

Strata Poster
CMonster said:
50,000 words... That's quite a novel. How many pages will it probably be?

Ideally, around 88 pages. That's 12 font, single spaced. Quite a challenge.

Ian said:
What's it about then?

The Synopsis is as follows:
In Gabriel Dylan's mind, and in everyone's mind, Tarm's Law is the absolute truth. The laws have made itself into the soul religion of the city, and everyone is happy. Gabriel decides on becoming a "Keeping of the Truth", or a priest in a sense. But, there is something about the perfect religion that is not what he had bargained for.

Fun fact: Tarm's Law spelled backwards and slightly respelled is highly amusing.

Day 6
Holy hell am I behind. Piled school and artwork, plus this, makes for a difficult task. I've been enjoying energy drinks to try and get me writing more. Also been taking regular breaks to rest my mind and keep my sanity.

Tomorrow's plan: 7,000 word day. If all goes well, and I can write, damnit!

Goal: 10,002
Actual: 4,217

Percentage (Of Average): 42%