What's new

My Personal Tower of Terror

TowerofTerrorTim

Roller Poster
I loved the Disney Tower of Terror when I first went there decades ago. I thought about trying to theme the front of my media room with a Tower of Terror theme, but the initial estimates I got were way too high. So several yrs pass and I decide to get another estimate for the theming of one wall which was much more reasonable, and thus started me on my current journey which has gone WAY past the theming of a single wall and become an obsession and continues a year after beginning the project and is shown in a video below. Hope you enjoy it!.

TowerofTerrorTim

Roller Poster
I am really hoping to even take the project to the next level with an automated robotic, tricked-out 4 person elevator car which will move both inside and even outside the room, be totally tricked-out with VR "windows," opening/closing "elevator" doors revealing VR views via large monitors or revealing a views of the set, the Rod Serling deepfakes which appear in the theater, or show the video that appears through the right elevator door, and even a pneumatic dropping mechanism for up to a 6" drop. If you have an interest, please subscribe to the channel and see what happens!

Last edited:

TowerofTerrorTim

Roller Poster
Here is the latest update to the special effects props in the set, which is a recreation of the control box which is actually present in the real Tower of Terror and is used by TOT cast members to control elements of the ride and to communicate with other cast members. We are using our recreation to issue instructions to guests inside the set to direct them to follow the planned sequence of effects in the room. The second video shows our new ghostly vintage radio that turns itself on, tunes itself with moving dial and knob to the Tower of Terror lobby music.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The real question; will you restore the letter board, with fallen letters that spell “evil tower u r doomed”? ?

TowerofTerrorTim

Roller Poster
The real question; will you restore the letter board, with fallen letters that spell “evil tower u r doomed”? ?
Haha; That is on the Lobby level. I have had more than one person who had no knowledge of the intent of the project who genuinely believed it was a functional elevator. There actually are an increasing number of Easter eggs, and hidden Mickeys in the set. Some I will divulge and some I think I will just keep as my little secret. For instance on the Ghostly radio video linked above, you notice that the tuning dial stops on 75. That is the year that Rod Serling passed. Each of the props seen in the project are reproduction of items seen in the Twilight Zone episodes, or are not copies of props but references to places or things in Twilight Zone episodes (i.e. the coffee mugs seen on set seen in this video are names of the Busy Bee cafe in one episode, and Gold Star Airlines in another episode;

Last edited:

TowerofTerrorTim

Roller Poster
Thanks; I try to give credit where the credit lies, and the great majority of props were made by Donald Dean a talented escape room designer, prop builder, and Tower of Terror and Twilight Zone fan. There is a playlist on the Tower of Terror Youtube channel with the videos showing development/testing of various individual props if you are interested.