What's new

Millennium Force takes top honor

madhjsp

Giga Poster
^^ That's all a matter of opinion. There are a lot of MF fans out there, myself included, that don't care if it lacks airtime, and just enjoy the ride for the height and speed. What makes a "good" coaster is completely subjective, so we could argue about this forever and never agree.

^It doesn't suck. It's ridiculous to say that. Rides like Shockwave @ KD or Ninja @ SFoG actually do suck. Saying MilF doesn't do what it could and that it doesn't live up to its potential is one thing, because that's a valid point, but saying it sucks is completely different. That's essentially saying it is a worthless ride that nobody would really like or prefer over other rides at the same park, which is obviously false.

I completely understand why some people don't think MF is as good as it's hyped up to be, but saying that it sucks is a bit of an overstatement.

wolverinechris

Mega Poster
Snoo, thanks for that insight. We can always count on you for some quality commentary on MF :D.

LFTL, it's not an airtime coaster. It is exceptional at what it is, and adding airtime would subtract sustained speed...unless you just made the ride longer. And it's already super long. There's plenty of really good airtime coasters, and to beat them, you'd need an airtime coaster, not an identity-confused coaster that happens to have some airtime.

^ I like Shockwave and Ninja :(. Sniff.

Error: well, it can definitely go the other way. Take the Best Roller Coaster Poll (and what a name...) Coasters that are ridden by lots of people actually frequently have a disadvantage there, because it's more people that could potentially like other elements/characteristics than are found on a given ride. There's a number of examples of where low-ridership coasters got a significant boost in that poll for just that reason - not enough people rode it to get diverse opinions.

Snoo

The Legend
No, mad, MF sucks.

Mad said:
Saying MilF doesn't do what it could and that it doesn't live up to its potential is one thing, because that's a valid point, but saying it sucks is completely different. That's essentially saying it is a worthless ride that nobody would really like or prefer over other rides at the same park, which is obviously false.

No.. I am basically saying it is worthless ride which only real fanboys of the park or fans of.. well.. crappy rides would like.. and to be honest, I dont know how you couldn't prefer other rides at the park.

But, I never did say my opinion was the blanket opinion for society.. ;).. for what I enjoy in a coaster, MF is boring as all hell.

A

Anonymous

All of my family who do coaster polls, only do the Mitch Hawker poll, as it's the best and most accurate and fair IMO.

A

Anonymous

Millie is a decent ride, but it's not that great. It didn't deserve NO. 1.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
SnooSnoo said:
No.. I am basically saying it is worthless ride which only real fanboys of the park or fans of.. well.. crappy rides would like.. and to be honest, I dont know how you couldn't prefer other rides at the park.

But, I never did say my opinion was the blanket opinion for society.. ;).. for what I enjoy in a coaster, MF is boring as all hell.

That's fine, but for what I enjoy in a coaster, it's the best rush I've experienced. And this is from a BGE and B&M fanboy.

Snoo

The Legend
Just because you like a certain designer and park doesn't mean that is all you can like. ;)

madhjsp

Giga Poster
That's my point... I love Busch Gardens and I love B&M, maybe even a little irrationally: as far as I am concerned, B&M can do no wrong and BGE is overall the best park out there. Despite this, however, I still consider MF to be the best roller coaster I've ridden.
I recognize that this can definitely change if I ever manage to start getting out to more parks, but right now MF is the best time I can ever remember having on a ride, and shouldn't that ultimately be the main reason for choosing something as your favorite coaster?

wolverinechris

Mega Poster
^ Have you been to PKD?

Snoo, thanks for the clarification that you can't understand other people's tastes :D. No need to worry, though; the rest of us are plenty aware of yours. BTW, will you ever get tired of insulting MF?

Snoo

The Legend
As long as you know whats up Chris, that is all that really matters.

And no.. for as long as people actually like Millennium Force.. I will hate it. ;)