What's new

Milky Way PTR 02/09/09

Brookes

Giga Poster
I’ve just had a week’s holiday in Devon and it was a great week with lots of games of crazy golf and pitch and putt and shopping etc. My mum said I could go one theme park while we were there, so I chose the Milky Way.

It was a bit longer away than I had expected but after just over a 2 hour drive we were there at about 12 and it was starting to rain, it was a horrible day for weather, but most things are indoor so it was ok. We met my cousin there who was staying in North Devon and we made our way in.

First up were the outside coasters as there was a chance they would close due to the weather. He already had ridden them but it was time for my 75th coaster, the biggest, fastest and longest rollercoaster in Devon (yay), Cosmic Typhoon!

(Note the photos were taken later on when it had rained very heavily, it was just drizzling when we actually rode it.)

DSC03125.jpg

There was no queue so it was pretty much straight on, back row unfortunately. It was raining now which detracted from it a bit, but it was a really fun ride and much smoother than I expected, pretty enjoyable.

Next up was the Big Apple, nothing special here. It was raining quite a bit now so we got on quick my cousin back, me second from back.

DSC03127.jpg

It was ok just a normal big apple, still has no apple though! I laughed how they had to push it out the station.

DSC03126.jpg

We got quite wet as it was raining heavily now though so we ran inside to have dinner. I went off with family to have sandwiches we brought from home as my cousin went to the group he came with to do some archery and have a go on the golf nets.

So after dinner was the indoor dodgems, Droid Destroyer Dodgems! Me and cousin on them:

DSC03108.jpg

They were much faster than I expected and there were quite a lot of really big bumps. Really fun ride overall cool how they are in the dark with the lights and music makes them more original and unique.

After we did Clone Zone, the third and final coaster and queued about 15-20 minutes as it can only take so many people every seven minutes. To be honest I just found it quite weird and a bit strange, the walk through was pretty pointless for the most part, but the coaster bit was quite fun. I think my dad and granddad were in the tractor museum thing then, so we went and got them to do the next thing.

This was the play area for adults with the very much appreciated Black Hole. We entered Time Warp and heading straight for the vertical slide and it was absolutely fantastic. Much better than I expected and just a brilliant experience, here I am on it, sorry not very good pictures in here:

DSC03121.jpg

Next up was the racing mat slide which was really fun as well but I lost pretty much every time haha. Weird picture of us, our faces look really stupid:

DSC03124.jpg

Next was the one what I didn’t have a picture of but it starts off steep then does a bump and you end up in a ball pool. Was really good as well but loads of people stay in the ball pool for some reason and just get hit.

We also went all the round the play area which was great, brilliant fun as it was nice to do all the stuff you used to do at about 8 in wacky warehouse etc. We finished off in here with a few more goes on the slides.

I can’t really remember what we did next but I think it was the golf nets. Really weird thing to have really but good fun and it was funny when I kept buggering up shots, especially using the midget left handed club.

By now it was hammering it down and no-one was outside at all due to the crazy wind and rain, so we went and had a cup of tea with my mum and sister, while my granddad, nana and dad went to watch the indoor bird show.

We sat there for a while and after so long the rain started to go off, so me and my cousin went up to the outdoor coasters to see if they were going to open, but no-one was there. We saw the train going though and the rain had gone off so went on that and got some good views of Cosmic Typhoon and was a nice little ride.

After we went to see if the coasters were open and they were testing Cosmic Typhoon but unfortunately didn’t open it, so my cousin went on the Big Apple which I wouldn't do again haha, and the ride op even had towels to wipe the seats. Then we finished off the day with a final go on Black Hole and then headed off back at about half 4, after my sister finished painting her pot.

I found the Milky Way a great little park as it was different from anything I had seen before. The variety of things to do is fantastic and it is weird how you just go from like golf nets in one room to a rollercoaster queue in the next etc. It is a great place and I could see it being even better on a sunny day when you can do the outdoor putting etc. We didn’t spend a lot of time there but it seems like we were there for ages. If you are in the area I would advise going as it is a really cool little place and cheap to get in.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Nice Report :--D .

My face on the racing slide picture is really wierd :lol: . And the gyppo that pushed me off the slide :evil: .

It's a nice little park though, the brew was surprisingly nice, added to the taste of the sour skittles.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Lol, weirdly, I had never heard about this place until recently when I found a leaflet for it lying on a bench at Fantasy Island, how random!

Doesn't look like its worth the 2 drive though, unless you're filthy whores of course :p

Brookes

Giga Poster
I didn't realise it was that far away, and I wanted to go to a park, I didn't just go for the coasters.