What's new

Mack Launch Coaster at Aquashow Family Park, Portugal

noojas

Roller Poster
In November 2023 a german trade magazine mentioned a large Mack coaster being built at Aquashow Family Park in Portugal for the 2025 season, according to RCDB. This would be the second Mack coaster at this park after a Watercoaster which was built in 2005.

Now Mack Rides head of marketing Maximilian Roeser mentioned a Launch Coaster project in Portugal in an interview at IAAPA Expo Europe. Given that there currently are 4 operating rollercoasters in Portugal the chances this not being the same project seem rather slim...
The ride is described as having a rather narrow footprint and being quite high. He calls the project "very, very exciting" and says he is eager to hear the coaster fans reaction to the layout once it's released, so this seems to be a unique one.

When talking about narrow and high launch coasters from Mack this layout comes to mind, I'm not familiar with the park though so I have no idea if this would fit.

Aquashow is mostly a waterpark so a Powersplash would make the most sense and mostly fits that discribition. The layout comment is an interesting one though.

Aquashow is mostly a waterpark so a Powersplash would make the most sense and mostly fits that discribition. The layout comment is an interesting one though.
Perhaps one of the models of Powersplash with a loop slapped in it?

I considered that as well, but the way he talks about it would have to be a new version. I assume he is aware that Mack already showed the PowerLoop publicly. Also looking at the Park on Maps I don't think any sort of Powersplash would fit there without extending the park area. A non-water coaster would be more flexible and could make more efficient use of the available space I think.

I'm thinking it could easily be a conventional launch coaster. Portugal has limited coasters operating and I think anything could be a hit, even a Blue Fire clone.

A Mack Stryker would definitely put Portugal on the map.