Kraken or Khan?

• Kraken

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragon Khan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Only been on Khan so wont vote but I'd imagine it's better than Kraken. I'll be doing Kraken next year though so I'll have a better opinion then. :lol:

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Kebab said:
caffeine_demon said:
I found Khan a little dull to be honest - loved kraken though..

Superman (warner) beats them both though.
I honestly think Superman: Krypton looks a lot better than the one at Warner. Wait. You're saying Khan is dull and Superman not?

Yup - weird hey?

Kebab

Giga Poster
caffeine_demon said:
Kebab said:
caffeine_demon said:
I found Khan a little dull to be honest - loved kraken though..

Superman (warner) beats them both though.
I honestly think Superman: Krypton looks a lot better than the one at Warner. Wait. You're saying Khan is dull and Superman not?

Yup - weird hey?

Not weird. Why do you say Dragon Khan is dull? Both Kraken and Superman rely on Khan/Kumba's layout as they are the original trend, it all started there. So why is it dull?

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Kebab said:
Not weird. Why do you say Dragon Khan is dull? Both Kraken and Superman rely on Khan/Kumba's layout as they are the original trend, it all started there. So why is it dull?

It's hard to put my finger on why - Maybe it was the hype that did it, or maybe the seat (I was in the big boy seat :( )

and In terms of hype - it's hard to say whether I'd love nemesis as much as I do, if tomorrow just happened to by my first ride on it.

Ben

CF Legend
Warner's Superman was one of the worst coasters I've ever had the misfortune to ride... Actually, I forgot about that coaster when I posted earlier (yes, it's THAT bad), change Kraken from being the worst floorless I've ever done to Superman.

Maybe it was the hype that did it, or maybe the seat (I was in the big boy seat :()

So, like, the middle of the train? And you only rode it once? That explains it!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Ben said:
Warner's Superman was one of the worst coasters I've ever had the misfortune to ride... Actually, I forgot about that coaster when I posted earlier (yes, it's THAT bad), change Kraken from being the worst floorless I've ever done to Superman.

Maybe it was the hype that did it, or maybe the seat (I was in the big boy seat :()

So, like, the middle of the train? And you only rode it once? That explains it!

no = Rode it 4 or 5 times (all big seat, damn my size!!!), - and found superman gave a decent ride front, back, middle and sides!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Khan stole a top ten place very easily... Possibly number one.

I have severe doubts Kraken could do that, but never say never ;)

A

Anonymous

only been on Kraken, and i loved it...

but im getting the idea i should go on the other one :D

Slash

Giga Poster
Well if Khan is like Kraken its ****.

Kraken is smooth, but is as everyone has said its forceless, its probably worse than Scorpion the Schwarzkopf looper I did in Busch Gardens, then again that was actually good.

To be honest, Kraken is the WORST BM I've ever ridden closely followed by SheiKra, I'm sure Dragon Khan however isn't bad.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I won't vote because I haven't done Khan, but if it's anything like Kumba at busch, then it blows Kraken completely out the water. Kraken was fun but disappointing. Kumba is currently my no. 1 coaster in the world.

Slash

Giga Poster
jayjay said:
I won't vote because I haven't done Khan, but if it's anything like Kumba at busch, then it blows Kraken completely out the water. Kraken was fun but disappointing. Kumba is currently my no. 1 coaster in the world.

WOW, I thought Montu, back row was better but ive only tried Kumba in the front row...

A

Anonymous

In my extremely biased and unbalanced opinion, Khan walks it.
It is the best I've ever ridden.

Gazza

Giga Poster
... do you know what originality IS...?

Because it isn't defined by ANY of those things.

Hydra and Daemonen both are original in their own ways, but what sets the rest of the Floorlesses apart from each other, and the other B&M loopers for that matter? They all seem to have similar elements...

Edit: Oh **** , looked at everyone elses posts, saw late march/april and thought it was active...Damn you necroposter above me!

Kebab

Giga Poster
Wow! I forgot about this topic! :lol:

From what I've seen on here and reading it back; I can come to conclusions that great theming and floorless trains doesn't seem to make a coaster good; in fact from most viewpoints that element is completely ignored. Will Dragon Khan and Kumba still have their spark in the next 10 years, because B&M keep re-tracing the layout with very little tweaks, or will B&M build a unique rollercoaster of their mass to over-shadow them?

It's a shame really, B&M are becoming fairly boring now, I used to favour B&M's the most but now-a-days they're going further down-hill, I can see Intamin easily taking the crown this decade.