What's new

Kid injured on ride at Sonisphere Festival

Kraken

Roller Poster
As a fair few people on the Live last week knew, I stopped in at Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth after the trip. In the main arena there they had a fair ground, as is the norm at these big festivals these days, but towards the back was one ride all cordoned off, which I thought was a bit odd.

I was sent this link when I got home however and was pretty shocked. What shocked me even more was reading the comments from some of the other people who went on the ride over the weekend before it shut. There is a thread here on the official forums for the festival.

It amazes me how the ride opened as long as it did reading some of the comments...

Well. My mate and I went on that ride and firstly, the harnesses weren't strapping down properly. Then once we were sitting in the seats I felt something liquid fall on my head, and my friend looked up and saw that the ride was leaking hydraulic fluid. The pikeys' solution to this had been to just wrap and old rag around it. Professional, no?

If it goes to court, i'd like to add that as it was about to start, my safety bar popped undone. The woman came over and locked it again then whilst i was on it my son heard them talking about the problems with the harnessess.

These sorts of accidents seem to happen quite often these days... but at a place like a music festival where the operators have been contracted in specially, and the safety of the rides should be guaranteed, it baffles me how a ride in such a state can be allowed to operate and something like this can happen.

Apparently the kid is in a stable condition now in hospital, which is good news at least. Still shocking though.