Is Saw the best ride in the UK?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I know there are quite a few Saw related threads but i haven't seen one questioning if it is best. I personally think it is as it has a certain fear factor and it is a great ride in every way. Your thoughts?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's the best Eurofighter I've been on. Out of three that is :)

I don't rate any of them higher than a 7 out of 10. The dreadful theming on the ride does not improve the score.

However, it's not an atrocious ride, it's kind of fun, but far from being anything other than slightly unremarkable.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
No. Nemesis/Oblivion is the best of british.

I like Saw. It great fun. Though I was expecting a lot more than a Tomb Blaster-esque UV lighting on half the scale... But the effects do help it.

I just wish it wasn't Saw: THEN the ride... I think thats a big downer on it. It feels half done.

Being realistic. A cheap and cheerful Eurofighter isn't going to beat the thrill of 2 classy, well done Beemers...

Jake

Strata Poster
Saw probably isn't even in the top 10 UK coasters...

It's not one of the worst, that's being over dramatic. It's just average, and if it wasn't so damn painful it might actually be good.

Ultimate is the best. Hands down.

Jools

Giga Poster
My opinion, not that I agree with myself here.

1) Nemesis
2) Megaphobia
3) Oblivion
4) Gran National
5) Nemesis Inferno
6) Ultimate
7) Saw
8) Stealth
9) Air
10) Speed/Rita/Pepsi Max Big One maybe, maybe even Dragon's Fury or Colossus or Velocity, they are all on parr for this one :/

I don't know
:lol: But definatly not the best

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
The fact is, it IS a good ride, definatly one of the best at Thorpe, maybe not as good as Inferno, it's probably on the same level as Stealth, obviously for different reasons, but the truth is that the ride is just a novelty, same as Colossus, Stealth and XWTF, and I believe that is why Nemesis Inferno is indeed the parks best coaster.
And from my example, it's the same with a lot of coaster, you'll find the one's with novelties I.E. Kingda Ka, Pepsi Max Big One, Stealth, Ultimate, Colossus, Rita or Air, won't rate as highly as others such as Bizzaro, Nemesis, Eagle's Fortress, Kawesemi and Piraten and most B&Ms.
The only exception I can really think of is Oblivion which seems to be second favourite at the park and certainly one of the UKs best.

Gazza

Giga Poster
No...It just didn't really do much. I mean it wasn't a bad ride, but It wasn't a huge stand out like a lot of the other stuff in the UK.

A

Anonymous

No way is SAW the best ride in the UK! It's only just the best Eurofighter. I could name 5/6 UK coasters what I prefer to it, probably more.

Having said that, it is a good ride, and I love the theming. :--D