Votes: 0 0.0%
  • something I need

• something I desire

• Total voters

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ Well it all stems off from this company that turns Macbooks into tablets and thousand of Macbook owners did/do this. Apple just want to steal that piece of the glory I suppose as it's already proven to work.

East Coast(er) General said:
^LOL :lol:

Your absolute lack of any knowledge highly amuses me to no end.

My lack of knowledge?
Excuse me...

I've owned both Mac and PC, I can program basic C++, I should know a thing or 2 about both platforms.

So tell me, what did I say that made you come back with that?

Absolutely nothing - fool.

Inverse said:
Screaming Coasters said:
How about the lack of a registry for start?
Makes everything 10 million times quicker than a PC.

Mac use .plist files as a registry? It's not that there is a lack of registry (or equivalent) it's that there is a lack of registry editor... Which is classic Mac. Just like the program files, you can't get to them but it doesn't mean they're not there.

Actually...

plist files store's things such as user data. It's not entirely critical for another program to run smoothly or for your operating system to slow down. If you show all contents of a dmg file, all registry is self contained.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, I'm a fool, but I'm a fool to expect anything sensible from a fanboy like you. :p

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ Haha, I have a passion for Apple, but I can still tell whats good or not.
Hell, I even slate Apple TV, it's not up to scratch at all.

I didn't mean to offend ya by calling you a fool, it was light hearted :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I know it was bud, but you have to remember that I do this for a living for the past 22 years. If you were talking about the Linux OS then I would be in complete agreement. We have a half dozen Linux servers that have been up & running 24/7 for six years now (they would have been up & running longer, but we had to shut them down when we moved to a new building).
The Mac OS has it's own set of problems & while not as many as Windows, they are just as troublesome. I will admit that the OS has made far greater strides than it's Windows counterpart, but then it also had further to go when it comes to certain aspects like networking, intensive multitasking applications, etc.
We used to have a couple of dozen Apple servers & almost 300 Apple workstations, but due to the troubles we have converted most to Windows & now have just 2 Apple servers & 28 Apple workstations. Compared to the over 800 Windows servers & 4000+ Windows workstations, our Apple & Linux systems are just a drop in the bucket.
So while your Macbook works just fine for you, it certainly doesn't mean that Apple is the be-all end-all you might think it is. That goes double for the flawed iPad, but I'm sure they will get it right in another generation or two.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
LOL Jerry, I had exactly this "real world" vs "Apple world" discussion with Erol and hs brother earlier in the week :)

The world outside of consumer and small business is just not suited to Apple...

wabbit42

Mega Poster
If Apple enabled adobe flash player then it would be worth it, but I have an iTouch so its not really worth it.