What's new

Indiana Beach I All American Triple Loop | Quimera (Dreier Looper) relocation | 2024

Indy

Hyper Poster
I’m not so sure. They look just like the old trains, only repainted. Bodywork and bogies appear to match.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Traditionally, when a Schwarzkopf is getting new trains, Gerstlauer manufactures them, but it seems like other manufacturers are starting to develop trains for these models as well, like Premier (apparently they are the suppliers for the reincarnation of Montezooma at Knott's).

Justin2000

Mega Poster
Traditionally, when a Schwarzkopf is getting new trains, Gerstlauer manufactures them, but it seems like other manufacturers are starting to develop trains for these models as well, like Premier (apparently they are the suppliers for the reincarnation of Montezooma at Knott's).

I've always thought Premier did the trains for Riddler Mindbender and New Revolution cause Six Flags and Gerstlauer probably aren't great friends.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
These are new trains, no? Who has manufactured them?
They're reusing pretty much whatever hardware from the Quimera trains is still in good enough condition to safely reuse, as well as rebuilding pieces in house. They've scrapped enough together for a full train, and it will probably stay that way. Not an easy feat considering that no active coaster manufacturers have been involved.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
They're reusing pretty much whatever hardware from the Quimera trains is still in good enough condition to safely reuse, as well as rebuilding pieces in house. They've scrapped enough together for a full train, and it will probably stay that way. Not an easy feat considering that no active coaster manufacturers have been involved.
Source?

I thought there was only the one train left in Mexico? Obviously the back car wouldn't be fit for use now and it was already on 5 cars. Is it a really short train?

Further to the rest of the conversation, Zierer and Sunkid have also made trains for Schwarzkopf coasters/designed rides. Zierer were involved with Schwarzkopf in the later days of the company. I heard a rumour that Kumbak were doing Montezoomas' new train but has that been confirmed as Premier now?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
...and it was already on 5 cars. Is it a really short train?

Yeah but to be fair, Mindbender, essentially a plus-sized clone, is currently running a three car train (with all 3 cars being lead cars) so it could/should work with 4. And IN Beach isn't exactly a place that cares for or has a need for a maximum capacity. Although new rolling stock would be for the best IMO 🤷‍♂️

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Yeah but to be fair, Mindbender, essentially a plus-sized clone, is currently running a three car train (with all 3 cars being lead cars) so it could/should work with 4. And IN Beach isn't exactly a place that cares for or has a need for a maximum capacity. Although new rolling stock would be for the best IMO 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I know, it's just that Mindbenders' is for a specific reason (the double wheel axels) and it obviously isn't ideal, at least aesthetically anyway. I saw a comment saying they were completely new but built exactly to the old designs. Hopefully the park will clarify as I'd be interested to know.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Been a long while since anyone’s heard any update, but I had a friend visit the park the other day to check in on progress.

Currently the station is half built and nothing more than the first car has shown up on the track, but they’ve repainted more of the coaster and replaced several support and catwalk pieces. It’s aimed to open this year, but they’ll do so once they’re good and ready.
2978E24F-868C-4D74-BD62-5F9C2F9B7BC0.jpeg
115D5FDB-6663-4E2C-81E3-71F934331DBE.jpeg
BE534031-671C-4BE2-9E61-620DFE90DD4A.jpeg
18A14A96-AFC7-4A1B-A85E-04A728B14DDD.jpeg
Source

Satellite imagery has also been updated so you can see how it fits in with the park;
D2EFC1C9-C196-4961-9CD2-F03241A58E42.jpeg

Steely Dan

Mega Poster
With the recent disheartening news that the world might be losing Galaxyland's Mindbender, it's nice to see that its cousin is coming together in Indiana to hopefully carry on the Schwarzkopf compact multi-looper torch in North America.

Rupert

Mega Poster
Satellite imagery has also been updated so you can see how it fits in with the park;
D2EFC1C9-C196-4961-9CD2-F03241A58E42.jpeg
I know it’ll be a short walk but I find it weird they didn’t put it on the car park between the El Loco and the woodie to tie them all together a bit more - now they’re all a bit strung out and with the car park there almost gives the impression you’re leaving the park.

hersheyfan410

Roller Poster
I know it’ll be a short walk but I find it weird they didn’t put it on the car park between the El Loco and the woodie to tie them all together a bit more - now they’re all a bit strung out and with the car park there almost gives the impression you’re leaving the park.
Maybe they took inspiration from Six Flags?

lom.lom.lom

Roller Poster
They must be planning on scrapping that lot altogether, filling the space with attractions, and expanding the South lot, right? The entrance from the South lot via the bridge is such a nice entryway and makes sense logistically.